Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Beautiful Spring Day for One Flower Wednesday

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Praise the Lord! Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. ~ Psalm 106:1, NLT

What a beautiful spring day it is in El Paso! Finally. Another big plus, it's "One-Flower Wednesday." The flowers I have to show have been sewn for others. My partner for April in the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap" asked for flowers in bright colors and solid centers so:

This time we've been sent our May partner as well and she asked for dusty pink, cream,and/or tan petals with tan, dusty pink, cream or brown centers so:

Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made.

 

Since I've been doing all that sewing of flowers for others, I didn't add any half-inchers to my total of 194. We will, however, be traveling to the Texas Hill Country on Monday so I'll get a few done then.

I've also been busy sewing by machine as well. I finally got the top done for the Christmas quilt I was planning for last Christmas. Good thing is that I may have it done in time for Christmas 2014. Now to pick a backing and get it quilted....

That is all.

 

 

 

 

6 comments:

Karen said...

Lovely flowers and a wonderful quilt top! Enjoy your travels!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

pretty hexies, as always and your Sampler Christmas Quilt is perfect! I am already missing you and you aren't even gone yet.....

Carla said...

So pretty. I've been thinking of starting another hexie project : )

Helen said...

More beautiful flowers and a lovely quilt top with sunbonnet sue.

Julie Fukuda said...

Great sampler top. That should be a fun finish. Travel safely

Needled Mom said...

You will love having your Christmas quilt on display this year. I always enjoy sampler blocks.

The flowers look great. I'm sure you will be growing quite a few on your trip in the car. Enjoy the spring drive.