Sunday, April 13, 2014

"Good-Night, Irene" Top Completed

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take. - Proverbs 3:6 (NLT)

Some time ago, I joined the "Good-night, Irene" quilt-along hosted byTerry from "Terry's Treasures." I finally have the top complete and am quite happy with it, not only with the way it looks, but happy to have the top done as well. Now to the quilting. I need to quilt this as well as my Christmas quilt now, not my favorite part of this process. But, "oh, well."

Another topic:

I found this "lucky win" in my mailbox. This was a wonderful giveaway hosted by Jeanette at "Inch Worm Fabrics."

This includes a "Baby Drunkard's Path" pattern plus the fabric to complete it. The colors and prints are gorgeous. Thanks so much for the generous giveaway, Jeanette. I can't wait to get started on this mini quilt.

That is all.

 

 

 

17 comments:

sister outlaws said...

The "goodnight Irene" quilt top looks amazing! I can understand you not liking the quilting bit - it must be a bit boring after all that lovely colour work. Do you worry you will make a mistake? I know my mum always hated the quilting part too. Well - it's "Good Morning Irene" from me - I do love the song "Goodnight Irene....I'll see you in my dreams...."

suemac said...

Love your "Goodnight Irene" top. Congrats on being a winner. I signed up for that giveaway too.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Alrighty! Congratulations on your finish on Irene. She's lovely....:)

Sue Daurio said...

Congrats on the win and the finish. I love you quilt. I think I almost have enough 2.5 in squares to make one soon. Great finish.

Astrid said...

That's a beautiful quilt top! Love the scrappy look! For me hemming is the most boring part... have two table runners to be done. Congrats on the win! HAPPY EASTER!

Celtic Thistle said...

Goodnight Irene looks fabulous! Well done you :)

Helen said...

Goodnight Irene looks fabulous, and a great win !!!

Julie Fukuda said...

I absolutely love that scrappy top. Great job!!!

Gene Black said...

I love that quilt top. I may try that one once I retire. :-)

Congrats on the win.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Beautiful.......in the photo and "in person" it is even more so..........Love how the scrappy looks with the white background...........have a safe trip to the hill country!

Mary said...

Good-night Irene is beautiful! I love scrappy quilts.

Needled Mom said...

It looks grogeous! How fun to have it all together. I love the scrappiness of the pattern.

Nice win too.

Terry said...

Your Irene looks wonderful! The quilting is my least favorite part too. Have fun with yours! And thanks for sewing along with us! :0)

Aunt 'Reen said...

Congratulations - your Goodnight Irene looks WONDERFUL!

KatieQ said...

Your Goodnight Irene quilt is beautiful. The scraps look great against the crisp white fabric.

Grit said...

Congratulations, your Irene top looks fantastic.
Grit from Germany

Raewyn said...

Well done on completing your Irene top! It looks lovely!