Wednesday, April 23, 2014

One Flower Wednesday in the Texas Hill Country

Encouraging Words of the Day:

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. - Philippians 4:13 (NLT)

Thank goodness for "One-Flower Wednesday." Sometimes I think that I'd get no blogging done if it wasn't for "One-Flower Wednesday." At least I know that I'll manage to get a post done to show you my flowers. Here are three little flowers.

Total is now 200.

We've been busy. Our daughter and family came to the ranch to spend Easter with us. The days have been rainy and/or sunny. Today was beautiful. We're still in the middle of a drought so all the beautiful wildflowers we should have are not around. We occasionally find a few. Since there aren't wildflowers to show you, I'll show you this beautiful photo taken by Catherine at "Knotted Cotton."

These little flowers look exactly how I want my GFG with my little half-inch flowers to look. Catherine gave me permission to use her photo. Thanks, Catherine

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, wildlife is all around, birds going crazy eating corn in the bird feeders along with a squirrel who is enjoying the bird feed as well. We've seen whitetail deer at the feeders enjoying their corn and protein supplement but we haven't had any luck killing feral hogs yet. We're having a lovely time though so I'm off. Until later...

that is all.

 

11 comments:

suemac said...

CuTe little flowers.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

cute little flowers............to make them look like Catherine's photo you should use green leafy fabric for the stepping stones...........hehehehe................

Ranch Wife said...

I can't wait to see that quilt - that photo is a lovely inspiration! Your flowers are always so pretty - I can only imagine how amazing that quilt is going to be! Happy hog hunting!

cq4fun said...

I especially love the blue. Those have to be such tiny little ones! Sounds like the ranch has tons of wild things. Aren't squirrels just the wiliest things?

Trillian said...

200 glowers that's a lot. And they look very good.
Have a nice time!

Needled Mom said...

Your flowers look so pretty. I would love to see a flower garden quilt with the greens like that photo.

sunny said...

I agree - what a great inspiration for your GFG quilt! Be on the lookout for that leafy green fabric.

Julie Fukuda said...

Darling flowers ... the hexie ones and the real ones.

Karen said...

Love the purple flower! Wonderful photo too, the perfect flower garden.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You have the sweetest fabrics.

Janet said...

I think your little hexie flowers already look like the beautiful flowers in the photo. Gorgeous as always.