Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Windy and Warm One Flower Wednesday in West Texas

Encouraging Words of the Day:

He is my loving ally and my fortress, my tower of safety, my rescuer. He is my shield, and I take refuge in him. ~ Psalm 144:2, NLT

It's actually a nice day in El Paso although somewhat breezy, well windy but it's "One-Flower Wednesday" and I have two flowers to show you.

This brings my total to 194. I only made two this week because I've been busy playing with my new featherweight. Well, I made that sound like I have several featherweight sewing machines when actually this is my ONLY one and it isn't new. From what I've been able to figure out from the serial number, it was made around 1941 so it's older than I am! Nonetheless, here it is and I'm loving it.

It's in great shape, sews perfectly and everything seems to be working fine. The previous owner took terrific care of it. Well, off to play again so...

that is all.

 

13 comments:

Mary said...

I love sewing on my Featherweight! I would love to hear how you found yours.

Mara said...

The featherweight looks lovely as do your little hexies.

Helen said...

194 hexies ,wow great going. Love your Featherweight .

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

pretty flowers...I really like the pale green one.......and I'm happy that you finally found your little featherweight! I love how smooth it stitches and that you will be able to take it back and forth with you so easily........well I think we got the wind we were supposed to get on Sunday today instead.....we are about to blow away over here........well, yes, I'm exaggerating but it is pretty breezy.............

Linda said...

Very pretty! I have been trying to find one of those featherweights for a reasonable price...have fun with it! Rainy here! Have a wonderful day!!

sister outlaws said...

Love your featherweight machine Irene! I've been using my Mum's old sewing machine and I love how simple it is! No frills! No bells and whistles - just good plain sewing. Would love to see what you are making with the machine!

sunny said...

Congrats on your new featherweight! I've barely used mine, and it need to get it out and put it to work. Pretty flowers!

Karen said...

Sweet flowers and sweet featherweight!!!!!

Julie Fukuda said...

Pretty little flowers and a darling "new" toy!

Needled Mom said...

Your new Featherweight is a real beauty. You are going to love it.

suemac said...

That is a lot of flowers. Too bad it is a tragic day in Texas again.

Josie McRazie said...

Beautiful flowers & congrats on the amazing purchase! Have you made a little flower to go under the thread yet!? (I don't know what they are called but the little round thing so the spool doesn't scratch op the machine) have a great time playing with your new toy!

Janet said...

More pretty flowers! What are you going to do with these tiny things? I have a Featherweight that looks a lot like yours. It was my mothers. I don't use it but I should. If only there was more time to sew....