Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dresden Plate Finished? Yes!


Encouraging words of the day:
Come and see what our God has done, what awesome miracles he performs for people. ~ Psalm 66:5, NLT

I’m still working on my “Dear Jane” blocks.  Don’t think I’ve quit, it’s just time consuming to even print out the templates.  So, yesterday I spent quite a while printing through the first 4 rows, i.e. through Block D-13.  I bought the software AND the book.  I realize now that you don’t need both.  I prefer the software because I can print the blocks without going through the tedious process of tracing templates.  As I mentioned above, even the printing takes a while.  So, today I plan to make another block.

It’s  "One-Flower Wednesday" and here are my flowers.

Every week Karen at Journey of a  Quilter hosts One Flower Wednesday.  I really enjoy seeing what everyone else has made and am glad I joined this group as it keeps me motivated in making my hexie flowers.

Oh,  I can finally call my Dresden Plate Quilt UFO as finished.  I sewed up pillow shams so I can use it as a bedspread.  Done!
  
Giveaways I've run into:

It's So Kiki is having a giveaway of a hard copy of the  "Around Town" Bag pattern and all the materials needed to make it. - ends May 25 at 8:00 am.

That is all.

14 comments:

sunny said...

Love your Dresden! I've cut out the pieces to make a small sall hanging, but then it dropped down on the priority list. And I so admire your Dear jane. I keep thinking about it, but realistically, I know I would just get discourage and quit. Maybe when I'm retired? Great flowers, too!

Birdie said...

Pretty flowers, and your Dresden Plate Quilt turned out beautifully.

Sue said...

Your flowers are gorgeous!

I have both the software and the DJ book too! Good to know that you don't need both. I really need to one day get started with mine :)

Karyli said...

Love your sweet flowers.
And the quilt is absolutely amazing. I love it! I've been dreaming of trying Dresden plates but I haven't taken that leap yet. I'm feeling a bit intimidated. But you have inspired me and given me hope.... :)

Stray Stitches said...

Your quilt and shams are gorgeous!!! You picked the perfect sashing.
The hexie flowers are bright and cheery. I especially like the flower with the different colored petals.

marina said...

your Dresden plate quilt is just fantastic. I have always wanted to make one, it's on the 'to do' list.
Your's is so inspirational.

Karen said...

How nice your flowers look together and the Dresden quilt and pillows is just beautiful!!!

Jeanette said...

Your Dresden plate quilt is gorgeous. I have a Dresden plate quilt on my "one Day" list. :) The blooms are lovely. Happy Stitching,

Cynthia L. said...

Love your Dresden! Very pretty.

Your Hexis are very nice also. I really like the multi colored one!

Julie Fukuda said...

Glad you finished the Dresden plate to your satisfaction. It does look great. That one flower looks like two to me!

Polka Dot Classic said...

Beautiful Quilt!!
and the flower are pretty :)
Have a great day
Marta

Needled Mom said...

The Dresden Plate is gorgeous with the pillow shams!!! Nice flowers too.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I love Dresden Plates and your quilt looks wonderful! I love that you made matching pillow shams. Makes the bed look complete.

Marieke (http://quiltpassie.web-log.nl/) said...

Beautiful flowers and what a great dresden plates-quilt! Good luck on Dear Jane!