Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Life got in the way of my blogging.


Encouraging words of the day:

I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, the LORD, am the one who does these things.
Isaiah 45:7, NLT



God is ruler over light and darkness, over prosperity and disaster. Our lives are sprinkled with both types of experiences, and both are needed for us to grow spiritually.



When good times come, thank God and use your prosperity for him. When bad times come, don't resent them, but ask what you can learn from this refining experience to make you a better servant of God.


You don’t even want to know what’s been going on in my life lately to prevent my blogging for the last few days.  Suffice to say that “life” and “illness” prevailed but now everything is better and I’m back in time for “One-Flower Wednesday.”  Here’s are the two flowers I completed on  our way back home.


Oh, and I got a few “Dear Jane” blocks completed.  I mainly worked on the appliqué blocks since we were traveling and sitting in a hospital room.  I was able to complete 7 so now my total is 12.  I’ll post 3 right now. 
A-7
B-1
B-2
 

Oh.  And my Penny Haren appliqué block of the week.  It’s called “Starlight.”

A few giveaways I've run into: 
"Sew, It's Midnight Mama"  giving away a fat quarter bundle of 21 prints. – ends May 27th.
"The Spunky Diva" is giving us the opportunity to win an Accuquilt Baby Go Cutter.  -  ends June 7th.
"the plaid scottie" is having a giveaway of two prints of 1 yard each,  a Sherbet Pips FQ bundle, and a Bright Hopes Pencil Case.  – ends May 30th.

That is all. 

5 comments:

  1. Sorry things haven't been good! I'm glad you're feeling better...and love seeing the pics of your work! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back and things are better. Your flowers are pretty. And I'm excited to see your Dear Jane blocks. Looking forward to more of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back! I always like reading your encouraging words of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your flowers and your blocks. Glad to have you back in blog land.

    ReplyDelete