Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Starting my "Dear Jane."


Encouraging words of the day:

"I--yes, I alone--will blot out your sins for my own sake and will never think of them again. - Isaiah 43:25, NLT



How tempting it is to remind someone of a past offense! But when God forgives our sins he totally forgets them.



We never have to fear that he will remind us of them later. Because God forgives our sin, we need to forgive others.



I’m gonna do it.  Yes, I’ve been toying with the idea of starting a “Dear Jane” quilt.  I ordered the software and it has arrived.
I’ve installed the software on my computer and have gone through the six lessons “they” suggest we do to familiarize ourselves with the software.  So far, so good.  So now I need to decide on my fabric and get started.  I’m thinking of doing a scrappy Jane so I can just get going on it.  Wish me luck!  And, hey, I’m open to suggestions from anyone.  Tips?  Hints?  Advice?  I know some of you out there in blogland are in the middle of one or have completed one…

It’s  "One-Flower Wednesday" and here are my flowers.  This is so much fun that I thought including the hand appliqué and/or sewing from the “Dear Jane” in my “take-along” bag would help me accomplish something more.


I’ve completed 5 blocks for the May Block Lotto.  These are called pineapple blossoms.  They’ve been the easiest blocks for me since I got involved in the lotto in February. They sure look crooked in the photo.  I think that's because of my poor photography skills because they don't look that slanted in real life.

Giveaways I've run into (make that one giveaway):


"I Candy Handmade" Is giving away 5 yards of fabric. – ends, ummmm, I couldn’t find the end date.

That is all.

11 comments:

  1. Cute hexies yoy made, so collerful.

    Gr Annemieke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy colourful hexie-flowers! How exciting to be starting the Dear Jane quilt - its a stunning project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are beautiful! I look forward to watching your progress on the Dear Jane. I've been thinking about starting one too but perhaps I'll just enjoy yours instead.
    Great pineapple blossom blocks! Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Flowers!!
    And Good Luck with "Dear Jane"
    Is a beautiful work of art :)
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah....I can't wait to follow your journey of DJ.

    Great hexies and I love those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the Dear Jane and have fun! Cute flowers this week and excellent blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flowers you have done.
    Good luck with your Dear Jane. I started mine some years ago, the 169 blocks are finished and I have to continue with the triangles. At the moment my DJ is asleep. :-))
    I'll watch yours and maybe I can work on my again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute hexies, I like your May blocks very much. Have fun with Dear Jane, I am dong one, but haven't worked on it for far too long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful hexies..Looking forward to hearing your progress on the Dear Jane quilt xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. your hexies are so pretty, love the fussy cuts you chose. that Dear Jane looks really intimidating!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice hexies. I was flipping through a magazine just the other day and came across a Dear Jane BOM and was SO tempted to try. Now is not the time for me but good luck with yours. I'll be interested in seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete