Wednesday, May 4, 2011

More peaceful days in the beautiful Texas Hill Country.


Encouraging words of the day:
In him lie hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. ~ Colossians 2:3, NLT

This month marks the 400th anniversary of the translation of the Bible commissioned by King James of England. The King James Version, as it has been called, may be the best known English translation, but it wasn't the first one. About a hundred years earlier, in 1525, William Tyndale undertook an English translation (from which most of the KJV is derived), and ultimately paid for it by getting burnt at the stake (his interpretation of the book was at odds with the King's). Mixing of state and religion never did any good.  Today, there are available many more translations.  As for myself, I prefer the New Living Translation because it is easier for me to understand.

Every week Karen at Journey of a  Quilter kindly hosts “One-Flower Wednesday” and it’s that time again.  Here are my hexie flowers. 

You can tell that I’m still in the Texas Hill Country enjoying the beautiful weather since I haven’t been blogging much.   I have been sewing some.  I have started my little stash of fabric here so I don’t have to lug fabric back and forth.  

I worked on my "Penny Haren Applique" block for this week.  It’s called “Blazing Star.”

I also finished my “School House” block for the "House Block-of-the-Month"group at the
“Quilting Board.”  Here’s my funny little school house :)


Giveaways I've run into:

"Kool Beenz"     is giving away a 10 pc Half Yd bundle. - Ends May 6th.

"Cranberry Samplings" is offering a sewing box that will be filled with all kinds of things that should be in a sewing box, things like scissors and needles and so much more. – Ends May 8th.

"Sew Dang Cute" is giving away a  GO! Baby Fabric Cutter as well as 3 dies of your choice. – ends May 7th.

"Happy Quilting" is giving us a chance to win 2 charm packs of your choice

"Boutique Uniquely" is giving away a half yard of dots in two colors (blue/green and red/pink) for a total of one yard. – ends May 8th.

That is all.

8 comments:

Stray Stitches said...

So glad the weather has been nice for you! Your hexies are beautiful - I especially like the top one. The Penny Haren Applique is wonderful. I like how you reversed the blanket stitch. And your school house is adorable! Makes me think of Little House On The Prairie :)

Annemieke Price-Talen said...

Nice hexies you made, the colours are lovely.

Gr Annemieke.

rosie said...

Love your hexie flowers. Hope the weather is still nice in the Texas hills, it's beautiful here in Victoria, Australia...

501 Quilt Blocks said...

Your flowers look great!

Karen said...

You have been busy and everything is wonderful. Beautiful, beautiful star!

Kate said...

You have made some more lovely flowers for your garden and been busy doing other projects too..well done xx

Cynthia L. said...

Hi there, I just saw that you are from El Paso. I lived there on and off for many years. My father was military and retired there many years ago. My Mom still lives on the east side of El Paso.

Oh yeah, I am a member of the Inchy Hexi Swap!

Love your work! Look forward to following you!

Micki said...

I love all of your blocks! The house is so cute!
Micki