Saturday, November 12, 2011

Christmas 2011 Quilt-Along


A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, thank You for the dreams and desires You’ve placed within me. Even when I can’t see it, I trust that You are working behind the scenes. I choose to tune out the negative voices and trust in You. Keep me close and guide my every step in Jesus’ name. Amen.

I’ve joined the "Christmas 2011 Quilt-Along" hosted by Sue at "Quilt Times."  What we do is set aside a day to work on our Christmas projects and post about it.  Well, so far, I have this disaster set up with my two sewing machines ready to go.  One machine is set up for quickie quilting and the other for sewing. 

I have already made these little sewing machine pin cushions to use as Christmas gifts.  You can see one attached to each of my sewing machines.  They are so handy for having a pincushion close by as you sew.


I’ve also posted earlier about these little Christmas ornaments I’ve been working on.  I have made 5 so far. 

And then I have this huge project quilting a quilt I’m making for my Mother for her Christmas gift.

So, what am I doing on the computer?  I'd better get busy sewing.  Later.
That is all.

7 comments:

QuiltSue said...

Hello, welcome to the party. I hope you enjoy yourself.

Your pincushions look great, what a clever idea and the big quilt looks great.

Reenie said...

Oh, those ornaments are adorable!!! Did you have a pattern for those? Mom's quilt is just gorgeous!!

Joanna said...

Your lucky Mom. What a beautiful tulip quilt. I also love the pincushions and ornaments.

Lynn said...

I love your little Christmas ornaments....sew cute!

Kari @ The Purple Quiltapotamus said...

I love the ornaments - they are absolutely lovely. I saw your post about the pin cushions before, I bet they come in very handy.

Sheila said...

The little ornaments are so sweet and your Mom's quilt is gorgeous! Also a gal can never have too many pincushions ,clever idea.

My Sister Made Me Do It said...

I have two of those ornaments from a few years ago. I'm glad you are resurrecting them! Gosh I am still trying to get to the "setting a day aside" part, I don't know how you can blog about it too! LOL....What beautiful tulips for Mama's quilt. And, as always.....I love my Sis.....