Wednesday, November 9, 2011

One-Flower Wednesday and My Jane K-7


Encouraging words of the day:







So don't let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths. For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come. And Christ himself is that reality.
Colossians 2:16-17, NLT





Paul told the Colossian Christians not to let others criticize their diet or their religious ceremonies. Instead of outward observance, believers should focus on faith in Christ alone. Our worship, traditions and ceremonies can help bring us close to God, but we should never criticize fellow Christians whose traditions and ceremonies differ from ours. More important than how we worship is that we worship Christ.





Don't let anyone judge you. You are responsible to Christ.


It’s One Flower WednesdayYes.  I made two flowers today from extra hexagons I had.  Not bad.
Still no luck with our deer hunting.  All we’ve seen are does so we’re still waiting on a big buck to come out…
I won a giveaway some time ago but I had it shipped to my address in the Texas Hill Country and have now received what I won from Caren at "cadams CREATIONS."  My win was a $20 credit at "Silly Mama Quilts."  What I chose were these 2 adorable mug rugs.  Thanks, Caren!
Completed another  “My Jane” block.  This was partially appliquéd by hand and machine sewn. 
K-7
And, I’ve completed a few Christmas ornaments and sewn up a few more sewing machine pin cushions.



And finally, here are some giveaways I’ve found:

"Living the Dream" is giving us the chance to win the  “My Memories Suite” software. – ends November 16th.
"Ellison Lane Quilts" is giving away a fabric bundle. – ends November 11th.

"Alderwood Quilts" is giving away a pattern by Karla Alexander.  – ends  December 1.

That is all.

14 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Your flowers are coming along so nicely! They will make a wonderful quilt.

I love the little ornaments. So cute!

That DJ looks like a hard one, but you did a fabulous job on it.

Caren said...

I love that scripture. Oh, and how do you get those pieces to line up so nicely? Great job!

Sue said...

Love your flower and love your mug rug.

Great word from the Scripture today too!

sunny said...

Love those teeny tiny little ornaments! Are they paper pieced?

Hilachas said...

Thanks all for your kind comments. Sunny, the ornaments are not paper-pieced. They're quarter square triangles so you end up making 2 ornaments. Then the little borders are sewn on afterwards.

Stray Stitches said...

Your ornaments are precious!! The My Jane block looks challenging and you did a wonderful job. Love the two hexies with multi colored pateals. I hope you have better luck soon with the deer hunting!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Fun hexie flowers, cute little ornaments!

Brooke said...

Thanks for the link and the pictures! Enjoy the mug rugs!!

Lots of Fabric 2 said...

Love you scrappy hexie,also your ornaments are cute

Karen said...

Not bad at all, fun and flashy flowers! Wonderful mug rugs and a lovely Dear Jane. That was a fun one to stitch.

Shaz said...

You have done so well this week! I do like your nice bright flwers, and your other sewing is lovely too

Becky G said...

So many good things! Great interpretation of scripture; fun flowers; charming ornaments; Nice dear Jane block.. Thanks for great post & have a great week. B

Paula said...

Very pretty flowers this week and lots of good things. Love your ornaments and mug rugs, your Dear Jane is very nice. I have not yet done this one.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Great ornaments, I really like those.