Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday in Fresno With More New Fabric

Encouraging words of the day:
new for next post: This is my command, be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
~ Joshua 1:9, NLT


We're having a wonderful time in Fresno with our daughter and family but I need to get home because, since, because I'm away from my sewing machine, I can't sew so I buy more fabric. Not only that, I've ordered more fabric which will be in the mail box when I get home. Just look at this:
I think I already said in a previous post that I'm going to need to join that group which does a stash report each week to show that I'm actually going to do something with this fabric besides add it to my stash.

I have been doing some hand-sewing on my optical illusion hexies. This is what I have so far.


It's actually looking pretty good but it has been a nightmare to sew together. I've done a lot of un-sewing each time I discover I've sewed the wrong hexies together. I lay them out, pick them up, and sew them to the wrong side. Again! It amazes me that I can do the wrong thing over and over.

Oh, I received an email from Bobbie StClair who blogs at "From This to That" saying I won the "Traveling Stash" so maybe that box will be in El Paso when I arrive. Probably not that fast though but I'll let you know as soon as I get it. I'm so excited to see what it holds since you know how much I need "more fabric," haha. Maybe there will be some quilt patterns or ideas for using my stash.


That is all

10 comments:

sunny said...

Well heck, girl! I'm going to start doing my fabric shopping at your house. I just love your 3-D blocks.

Doniene said...

Lovely fabric!!! I'm like sunny (above) I'll go shopping at your house!!

Have a great time!!

Blessings

Linda said...

Those hexies look wonderful! You got lots of nice fabric...if you could only see my stash...oh my!!

Anita said...

The shopping looks like fun...and your hand work is amazing! I guess your machine will be happy to see you again. =)

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Take heart - I do that too when I travel. No doubt you'll be stitching with your new treasure in no time! Your blocks look amazing! Someone once told me, "As ye sew...so shall ye rip".

Needled Mom said...

That stash is really growing. You are going to have fun when you get home.

Those hexies look amazing!

Janet said...

I figure I'm just acquiring fabric for when I retire and can't afford to buy as much :) Love the hexies!

Celtic Thistle said...

Your hexies look wonderful, can imagine how easy it is to get them the wrong way round too!

Christine M said...

Your hexies are looking fantastic!

Julie Fukuda said...

225 blocks and I can't tell you how many I un-sewed at least once!
All that fabric? You will have to live a long time. I think I will need another 100 years to use all of mine.