Wednesday, June 13, 2012

One-Flower Wednesday and My Jane L-8 and M-2

Encouraging words of the day:


But Lord, be merciful to us, for we have waited for you. Be our strong arm each day and our salvation in times of trouble. ~ Isaiah 33:2, NLT

We are in hot, hot California visiting our daughter and family. Everyone is saying we brought the hot, hot weather with us from Texas. Maybe that's what happened. Still, it is beautiful here and we're having a wonderful time visiting with our daughter, SIL, and grandson, not to mention our granddogs.

Last weekend I saw a beautiful GFG quilt top at an estate sale. They were asking $300 for it and it was worth every bit of that but completely out of my budget. It was made of 1/2 inch hexies and just gorgeous, just gorgeous enough to make me want to try sewing a half-inch hexie flower for One Flower Wednesday. I was able to work on my hexie flower while sitting in different airportre. Here it is alongside two hexie flowers I made for my "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap" partner so you can see how tiny it is.


These are a couple of pink "My Jane" blocks I've completed. Both of them were easily paper-pieced. They are NOT crooked. That's the fault of the photographer (me).



L-8

M-2

Ok, I'm off on a trip to the farm and a picnic.

That is all.



14 comments:

  1. So glad you made it to California with no more problems than the long delays......The little hexie looks so cute next to your other pretty ones. You outdid yourself on the Janes......I really love the fabric on the second one.......have a wonderful time and I look forward to when you get back home again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Jane blocks!! Hexies continue to amaze me! Very nice!!

    Glad you are having a great time!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty hexies, the little one is so cute! Your Jane blocks are beautiful, love the fabric you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little hexie! I've made a couple of table toppers with smaller hexies, and they're fun to work with! Are you hooked?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet is that baby flower and wonderful DJ blocks! Love the fabric in the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty blocks. Have fun on the farm : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mini-hexie has made my day! I'm working on something inspired by you! Can't wait to finish it and post it....maybe next week....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fabric on the first block--these inspire me to get busy on the four DJ blocks I have cut out. The little hexie flower is so cute--one day I will try one of these tiny ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness - the half-inch hexy's flower is so cute! Well done being so patient to make it... ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your hexies,have fun on the farm happy quilting jinnie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hexies are so pretty and I love the DJs. You are really making great progress on both.

    You can come visit me and bring some heat! We would appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful blocks Irene!
    Enjoy your visit with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tus bloques están geniales. Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great blocks and wow would those be little hexies!

    ReplyDelete