Wednesday, June 20, 2012

One-Flower Wednesday in California

Encouraging words of the day:


But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. ~ Isaiah 40:31, NLT

Yes, I'm here for "One Flower Wednesday." It's that day of the week when we all post our hexie flowers. I keep seeing great ideas for quilts with hexie flowers. There's a group working on a "Hexy MF Quilt-Along" that looks interesting. So right now I'm working on my landscape hexie quilt with the block of my little ranch house in it, I got all excited about the optical illusion hexie quilt, I started the 1/2 inch little flowers for whatever I'm planning with those little flowers, and now this. I think that I just like the hexie flowers so much that I get all excited every time I see another idea. Here I have a photo of the 1/2 inch petals I've made while in California, along with two more little flowers completed.



Then, yesterday I went to the wonderful "Quilters' Paradise" shop in Clovis, California. Yes, of course I bought some fat quarters and some little 1/2 cardboard template thingies for making more petals.




There are a couple of civil war fabrics, ok, maybe 4. The others just caught my eye. You know how easy that is to do with fabrics. I've ordered a fat quarter bundle from Connecting Threads of the "Grassland Prairie" like the one in my recent giveaway and I am now a member of a fat eighths club for Civil War Fabrics so I'll have fabrics waiting for me when I return to El Paso so I don't need to be buying more fabric.

That is all. (I need to be saying that about my fabric purchases too. I need to join that "Stash Report" group and be doing something about all the fabric I already have....

 

13 comments:

  1. Great Bible verse. I find them encouraging.

    I can't resist fat quarters either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little hexies are cute! I do 3/4" and 1" but really like the smaller ones, too. Like you, I get inspired with each hexies project that I see. Also, I just received my latest CT order of FQs and must really stop buying fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well if we didn't buy fabric we would probably just be getting into trouble.......so think of it as a necessity to staying out of trouble! The little hexies are just too cute.....and good thing you are making lots of flowers for all the ideas you are running across.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find those hexie's so addicting! Like you, I keep stumbling upon new projects. I am impressed with your self-control at the fabric shop. There must be an awful lot of shops between here and California. I would probably need a U-haul to bring it all back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hixies,I had a templet and use that as my size not sure what the size is but it works for me....happy quilting jinnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love seeing your fun hexies. It is such a fun patern with so many possibilities.

    It looks like it was a fun visit to the LQS. Are you going to be working on more quilts from your book?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't anyone warn you about how addicting hexies are?? They're the perfect portable project. Love your new flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your little hexies...and it seems you had fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too had no idea how addicting hexies were going to be. I love your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the tiny hexies! Great stash from Quilters' Paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hexagons in any way shape or form are lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Half inch hexy petals?! You must have very steady hands - they are so cute, love the flowers you've made with them...

    ReplyDelete