Tuesday, June 26, 2012

One-Flower Wednesday on Tuesday?

Encouraging words of the day: 

So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you. ~ Deuteronomy 31:6, NLT


On our way back to El Paso tomorrow so I'm posting my "One-Flower Wednesday" today. Good-byes are always sad. It seems like I'm always saying "good-by" to someone I love. We'll be back to Fresno in October so that helps with the "good-by" since it's only for a short time. But then I'll see my parents in early July and have to tell them "good-by" and then I see both of my sons later in July and there will be more "good-byes." Somehwhere I heard the saying, "Don't be sad because it's over but be glad because it happened." I guess I need to adopt that motto :(

Back to "One-Flower Wednesday." Here are a couple more little-bitty 1/2 inch flowers I sewed together. I'm getting the feeling that this will be a small "whatever" that I make out of these because they are harder to sew, being so small.
Check out the page that Karen has set up for us at "Journey of a Quilter" to see more flowers.

Giveaways:"RocknQuilts" is giving away part of the loot she won from Quilty Magazine. - ends July 4th
"Suebee's World" is sponsoring a traveling stash giveaway. - ends June 28th.

That is all



11 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Well let see.....I think you should forget the goodbyes and just do like that old movie that said, "lets not say 'goodbye', let's just say 'so long'"......or better yet....remember the many hello's that are waiting to greet you as you go visit everyone who loves you! Can't wait to show you all the cool stuff "we" got in the mail while you were gone!
Love the hexies....you are all "Australian" this week, posting on Aussie Wednesday!

Karen said...

Think hello not goodbye! Love the tiny flowers, they would be hard to make.

Needled Mom said...

Saying good-bye is never easy even if it is for such a short period of time. Have a safe trip back.

Those are tiny hexies!!!! What will you make with them?

Anthea said...

Yay for Australian Wednesday postings, I say! The itty-bitty hexy flowers are sweet, well done... Yes Goodbyes are hard, even when you know you are going to see the person again. I find it hard with my nieces & nephews, as they are young & they have grown so much each time I see them... It shows that you treasure those family times, and that's a gift in itself

sister outlaws said...

The rhythm of the week seems all funny now! One flower Wednesday - actually on Wednesday here! What will I do tomorrow?? It must be sad to be always leaving. But I guess there are many "hello's" as well as "good byes". You've inspired me to think about writing a country song called "Seems like I'm always saying good bye to someone I love".

heather said...

Your little flowers are cute. Can't wait to see what you make.

Julie Fukuda said...

Oh don't talk about good-byes. I can hardly wait for the hellos to begin next week when I see my chicks. Oh will I be busy clucking!
Those little poseys are too sweet! It might take a lot to make something of any size....

Carla said...

lovely lovely little hexies : )

Annemieke Price-Talen said...

Like the material , nice colors.

Annemieke

Rose said...

Cute little flowers. I've only ever made 1 1/2 inch ones, don't know if my fingers could handle something that small. I like that saying--Don't be sad because it' over but glad because it happened. Very Pollyannaish!

Quilter Raised in the South said...

if you have to leave, then leave on a high note, that's life according to Seinfeld--love the flores!