Monday, June 13, 2011

Busy days in California


Encouraging words of the day:
Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be. -Matthew 6:21, NLT
Jesus made it clear that having the wrong treasures leads to our hearts being in the wrong place. What we treasure the most controls us, whether we admit it or not.  If possessions or money become too important to us, we must re-establish control or get rid of items. Jesus calls for a decision that allows us to live contentedly with whatever we have because we have chosen eternal values over temporary, earthly treasures.

We’ve been so busy with our grandson the last few days.  My husband and I are retired and keeping up with an 8-year old is keeping us young, I guess.  I hope.  We’ve gone on picnics, cherry-picking, shopping (that was a real adventure…),  gone to the park, and watched lots of cartoons.  We really appreciate the ipod Touch as the many applications on that also keep our grandson occupied while my husband and I catch our breaths.  We’re loving it all!  But, it hasn’t left much time for blogging.

I do continue to work on “Dear Jane” blocks in the evenings.  Here are three more.  I did all the prep work before coming to California so all I’m doing is the appliqué.  Here are 3 more:
E10
 F6
 F13

Oh, and I completed my Penny Haren block before I left El Paso so I’d have the blocks to post on Mondays.  This one is called Royal Diamonds.


 A few giveaways I've run into:
"Samelia's Mom" is giving someone the opportunity to win a AccuQuilt Baby Go Cutter. – ends June 26th.
Miss Print is having a giveaway of a fat quarter bundle . – ends June 15th. 
"Cat Patches" is giving away a fat quarter and your choice of 3 books. – ends June 16th.

That is all. 

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

They can keep you running, can't they?

Your DJ blocks are looking wonderful.