Sunday, June 26, 2011

"My Jane" Block F-9


Encouraging words of the day:
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. ~ Philippians 4-6, NLT

 We’re back in El Paso now after spending 3 weeks in California with our daughter and her family.  It’s always nice to be home but I’m missing our daughter, grandson, and son-in-law so much.  I know you all know how sad it is to leave dear family members.  On the brighter side, I found some things in the mail to brighten my day.  A giveaway I won from Ft. Worth Fabric Studio had arrived.  Check out this photo of fabric from Free Spirit.  It is Jenean Morrison's Wild World.  Thanks "Ft. Worth Fabric Studio".

Also in the mail were the 10-inch blocks of fabric for the Dots-and-Dashes fabric swap I joined at "Quilters Club of America".  There are 22 squares of polka dotted fabric and 22 squares of striped fabric.  Yay!  Great variety.

Here’s another block I completed for “My Jane” while I was in California.
F-9
This block was easy and I think it turned out really pretty.  (all applique)

The block for the  "Penny Haren Applique Quilt-Along"  this week is called  “Facets of Jenn.”  Mine turned out really wonky but a lot of my blocks are wonky so it matches.

Giveaways I've run into:
"Just So Y'll Know"  is hosting a patriotic giveaway  of two sets of fat quarters to two winners. – ends June 26th.
"A Desert Quilter"  is giving away a book called "Quilts from Selvage Edge" by Karen Griska.  Along with the book,  she is including some of her own selvages. – ends June 30th.
"Quilt I.T."    is giving away  5 Fat Quarters.  – ends July 3rd.

That is all. 

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I love the F9 block!!!!! Very pretty.

Welcome home. I'll bet your bed felt good.

Julie Fukuda said...

I don't think that block looks easy. Welcome home.

Karen said...

Fabulous Dear Jane block!!!!!!