Saturday, June 18, 2011

It’s Saturday in California.

Encouraging words of the day:

So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you. ~ Deuteronomy 31:6, NLT 

It’s Saturday in California.  That means that our grandson does not have  his summer school program today so we will be having a picnic.  He absolutely loves picnics, even if it’s just sitting on the grass in the backyard.  In reality, we’ll be going to a local park to feed ducks and use the walking trails.  I hear there’s an Arts and Crafts Fair somewhere so maybe we’ll be able to find that.
My evening sewing on “Dear Jane” blocks has produced the following: 
C-5
I see I still need to cut out the dark blue fabric in the background.  Something to remember.
D-4
F-5 
Hmmmmm, not my best fabric choices here.  Too much white in the background fabric so the block doesn’t show up too well.  Another thing to remember.

 I found what I thought was a good deal on fabric at a LQS in Fresno.  They made up little bags of scraps selling for $4.99 each.   I bought a few and each bag has the equivalent of 8 fat quarters of Moda fabric.  This offered me the opportunity for more variety in my “Dear Jane” blocks since my plan is not to repeat the fabric in any of the blocks.  That means I need 225 different fabrics, right? I’ve also purchased a few fat quarters while in Fresno for a total of 57 different fabrics purchased here.  I’m happy.
 
A few giveaways I've run into:
"The Plaid Scottie" is giving away bundles of Foundation Piecing Papers.- ends June 19th.
"Sew Crafty Jess"  is giving away a fat quarter bundle of 6 prints and a Charm Pack. – ends June 20th.
"CSN Stores Blog" is giving us a chance to win one of 4 different tote bags. – ends June 30th.
"The Green Fairy"  is giving away a fat quarter bundle. – ends June 21st.

That is all. 

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

You are really giving me the itch to start a DJ. I love seeing how the quilt is going together on your sidebar.

Hope the picnic was sunny and pleasant - finally!!!