Monday, June 6, 2011

Sunny California


Encouraging words of the day:
But you, lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. - Psalm 3:3

Be encouraged today because God is working behind the scenes on your behalf. Delight yourself in Him — find joy in serving Him and make your heart moldable in His hands. Don’t settle for mediocrity because God knows what’s in you, and His plan is to finish the work He began in you!

I’m in Sunny California and finally we did have a sunny day.  It has been raining most of the time we’ve been here.  The thunder sounded lovely last night since we’re having a drought in Texas and I haven’t heard thunder in ages – nor seen rain.  So, one of the things we did, was drive to the pretty little city of Clovis where I spent some time in the little quilting store I enjoy so much, “The Quilters’ Paradise.”  Yes, I bought several fat quarters and thoroughly enjoyed myself while my husband and grandson walked around the Old Town Clovis eating ice cream and visiting antique shops.  


I’ve worked ahead  on the blocks for The Penny Haren appliqué group so I have my blocks to post while I’m traveling.  Here is the block for this week, called Kaleidoscope. 




And, since I don’t have my sewing machine, I am able to do hand-sewing on my “Dear Jane” blocks and have accomplished quite a few in the evenings while we watch tv.


A-3        
    

A-6   

A-8

 A few giveaways I've run into: 


"Fort Worth Fabric Studio"is having a giveaway including fabric and a  Lily's Pocket Purse by Lazy girl designs! – ends June 8th.
"from the blue chair" is giving us the opportunity to win a signed copy of Inspired to Sew by Bari J. Ackerman .– ends June 10th.
"Happy Quilting" is giving away a  fat quarter bundle of Patricia Bravo's Nature Elements. – ends  June 10th.
"KoolBeenz" is giving away a 8 Fat Quarter bundle set of Tutti Fruiti seersucker. – ends June 10th.
"Alderwood Quilts”   is giving away a mouse pad with birds sitting on a feathered star quilt. – ends July 1st.

That is all. 

3 comments:

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

LOVE your Kaleidoscope block! The brown pops so well on that fantastic blue background.
Cheers,
Carolyn

Stray Stitches said...

We finally had a sunny afternoon after a night of rain and a cloudy morning. We didn't get the thunder down this far in the valley :(
Your blocks are all beautiful - I can't pick a favorite. Enjoy your trip :)

Needled Mom said...

Yes, the CA weather has been VERY strange this year. Glad it is sunny for you today.

The DJ blocks are looking great!