Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yay for Summer School!


Encouraging words of the day:
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. - John 15:16

It’s  "One-Flower Wednesday"  again. I’m so glad that Karen at Journey of a  Quilter came up with this idea as it keeps me motivated to continue with my hexie flower garden.  Here are my flowers for this week:

We’re still in California.  This week our grandson started his summer school program.  That gives us a little more time to ourselves during the day so we’ve been running errands and learning our way around the town of Fresno. 
I do continue to work on “Dear Jane” blocks in the evenings.  Here are three more. 
B-3
B-11
 G-3
Needless to say, G-3 was pretty much a disaster.  I’ll be doing it over once I figure out what I need to do to make it turn out better.

 A few giveaways I've run into:
"It's So Kiki" is giving away an AccuQuilt Go Cutter and 3 dies. – ends June 21st.
"Talin's Corner" is giving us the opportunity to win 3 AccuQuilt Go Cutter dies. – ends June 19th.
"Tales at Wayne Manor" is giving away a box of fabric. – ends June 21st.

That is all. 

9 comments:

Maria said...

The little frog in the centre of your hexagon is cute.

I bought the Dear Jane Book a few years ago and hve not started yet so well done on your blocks.

Birdie said...

Cute hexies. You are doing very well on your Dear Jane

Marieke (http://quiltpassie.web-log.nl/) said...

Wow: what a great flowers you've made. Love your DJ-blocks as well!

krisgray said...

Cute hexies - love those DJ blocks, especially the black.

Karen said...

Cute flowers!!! And, you are doing just great with your Dear Jane blocks.

Kate said...

Some more lovely flowers for your garden...Thank you for sharing your DJ blocks with us,,,they are great,,,

Sheila said...

Great flowers for your garden , it will be just beautiful!

501 Quilt Blocks said...

Cute flowers! I especially love the little froggie!

Renata said...

Süßer Frosch :o)

Liebe Grüße!