Monday, August 29, 2011

Hexie Flowers Received


Encouraging words of the day:
Continuing with my favorite Psalm 91
14 The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
      I will protect those who trust in my name.
 15 When they call on me, I will answer;
      I will be with them in trouble.
      I will rescue and honor them.
 16 I will reward them with a long life
      and give them my salvation.”– Psalm 91 NLT


Had a great weekend with my brother visiting.  I feel bad saying that I had a wonderful weekend since so many suffered a bad weekend due to my namesake hurricane, Irene.  Prayers to all who have had to deal with Hurricane Irene.  Although the terrible drought in Texas continues, it is good to know that the part of Texas where we live does not have to deal with weather-related problems other than the heat and drought.  Admittedly, that is bad but we don’t have tornadoes, hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes etc. in this part of west Texas.  The worst we have is sand storms in the spring.

I belong to the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap" and received these beautiful hexie flowers from Kris in Missouri.  Thanks, Kris.  They're gorgeous and will look beautiful in my garden.   I love the colors you chose.  I'm happy.
I don't know why this white box shows up on my blog.  Have to figure that out sometime...
Continuing with  “My Jane” :  Here is block I-4.  This block was paper-pieced and appliquéd.  I’m happy with the way it turned out (just barely crooked so I’m getting better).
I-4

Here’s the Farmer’s Wife block #8 – Bouquet.  These are all coming out like a mirror image and I’m fine with that.  This block turned out okay but I have a hard time wrapping my mind around how to layout the fabric to get it oriented correctly and I’m not looking too closely at how I sewed it together.  Here it is:
FW 9 - Box

Giveaways I’ve found:
"Adventures of a Cross-stitch Drama Queen" is giving away a fat quarter bundle of Promenade in blue. – ends September 2nd.

Meemaw Loves To Quilt is having a giveaway.  You could win a copy of American Patchwork, true stories from quilters. – ends August 31.

That is all.

8 comments:

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

Very nice blocks! I really like the FW block, so pretty!

I'm guessing the white box around your text is maybe from pressing, in error, the 'text background color' button, which is located between the 'text color' button and the 'link' button on the posting screen.

Sue said...

Those are lovely flowers you received! And I love your Famer's Wife and Dear Jane blocks. Coming along nicely :)

Sheila said...

Lovely hexies and your blocks look great , you will have an interesting quilt!

Stray Stitches said...

The hexies are wonderful. Your blocks are beautiful! The colors you have selected are working up so well :)

Kelli said...

Love the hexies! Your Jane block looks great, though difficult.. for me anyway. :) Love the farmer's wife block too. Hope you don't mind if I follow your blog.. found it on Slow Poke Quilters. Nice to meet you! :)

Julie Fukuda said...

It seems to me that those Dear Jane blocks are quite difficult to piece. I know I could never make a machine do that!

Needled Mom said...

The hexies are beautiful and I love your finished blocks. It is so much fun to see the DJ quilt on your sidebar coming together.