Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Jane C 11 and Back in El Paso


Encouraging words of the day: 
Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. ~ 1 Peter 5:7, NLT

We’re back in El Paso after a drive of  6 ½ hours.  My husband does all the driving so I get a lot of time to do some hand-sewing as we listen to an audio book while he drives.  I completed my flowers for One Flower Wednesday  so here they are:

Since we had been gone over a month, we had lots of mail on hold to pick up.  Of course there were the usual bills and junk mail but there were also two wonderful packages from my blogging friends.  One was from Leena in India who made a beautiful mug rug from some interesting vegetable dyed green fabric.  She appliquéd a gorgeous hexie flower made up of my favorite turquoise colors.  Along with the mug rug, Leena also sent another flower for my hexie garden made from a maroon hand-woven fabric.  It has a design on it called “passa palli” which means checkerboard.  Both are gorgeous as seen in the photo below.  Thanks so much, Leena.  Your hand-work is beautiful.

In another package, I received a mug rug from Linda in California.  The Santa mug rug is absolutely adorable.  Linda also made the back of the mug rug from a cute fabric and signed it.  I love the Santa and the details on the back.  Also included was a lovely red flower for my hexie flower garden along with a fat quarter to get me started on my Christmas sewing.  What a terrific package to come home to. Thanks, Linda.

I also worked  on “My Jane” and completed  C-11.  This looks complicated but was actually pretty easy using reverse applique.

 C-11

And as for “My Farmer’s Wife…,” I keep saying that will be on my next post.  I did sew up two blocks while I was at the ranch but have not photographed them yet…  I did finish the next house block for the group I’m in.  This month, it’s an outhouse.

 
TI don't have any giveaways to post since I've been sewing and traveling and have not been surfing the blogs much.  Next time.

That is all. 

6 comments:

Stray Stitches said...

Your flowers are beautiful. I especially like the one with the flower center.
Your traveling mode sounds very similar to ours - hubby drives, we listen to an audio book, and I do hand sewing. It's the best way to enjoy the road.
Love the outhouse block!!

Needled Mom said...

That does look like a complicated DJ block! The hexies are coming along nicely. What would we do without that driving time????

Linda's Santa is adorable. Isn't she a fun blogging friend?

Love the cute outhouse....in the woods, of course.

Teresa Felgueiras said...

Your hexie flowers are beautiful. I've been following your work on DJ blocks.They look complicated but you are doing a great job.Looking foward to see the next blocks.

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

I think Linda is one of the best people on the planet - how lucky for you to get such a fantastic package from her! And your package from Leena is fantastic too! Love the hexi she made you out of the maroon fabric and the mug rug is simple - yet absolutely perfect! You are one lucky lady!!
Cheers,
carolyn

Snoodles said...

Loving your Jane blocks and can't wait to see the Farmer's Wife ones!

Karen said...

How did I miss your flowers??? They are lovely! That was a fun Dear Jane block to make and great outhouse.