Monday, August 22, 2011

My Jane E6 and a Trip to Ruidoso, New Mexico


Encouraging words of the day:
Continuing with my favorite Psalm 91:
 9 If you make the Lord your refuge,
      if you make the Most High your shelter,
 10 no evil will conquer you;
      no plague will come near your home.
. – Psalm 91 NLT

We spent the weekend in the mountains of New Mexico.  How wonderful to be in cooler weather.  It actually rained while we were in Ruidoso and it had been a long time since I’d been in rain since Texas has been so dry all summer.  It had also been a long time since I felt cold – what a great feeling.
 
Look what I found for $24 at an estate sale!  It is full of thread, only about 12 old spools.  The rest are new.  The jar is also interesting although I bought it because of the thread.  It’s a huge Mason jar.  It says “Patent, Nov. 30, 1858” but I’m sure it’s a replica.  There’s an eagle with 4 stars under it and 3 above it on the other side.  It’s 20 inches tall and 30 inches in diameter and almost full of spooled thread. 

The Penny Haren Applique blocks are done.  Here are all 25 of them.  Now to decide how I’m going to put them together.

 “My Jane” block E-6.  I don’t know why I enjoy “My Jane” so much more than “My Farmer’s Daughter-“ ummm “Wife” so I don’t have an FW to show you.
E-6
This was easy paper-piecing and applique.
Also working on sleeping jams for my 4 grandsons so that’s been keeping me busy.

Giveaways I’ve found:
"It's So Kiki" is giving away a jelly roll. – ends August 29th.
"just one more stitch" is giving away a Fat Quarter Bundle. – ends August 28th.

That is all. 

4 comments:

  1. Your getaway sounds like it was a welcomed break.

    The Penny Harem blocks look terrific as does the newest DJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great jar of thread and another lovely Dear Jane. How wonderful all 25 Penny H. blocks look together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting away to some place cooler is a great way to refresh the body and soul. Ruidoso is one of my daughter's favorite places - she's from Albuquerque.
    Your Penny Harem blocks are simply amazing! I really like the colors you have used to create the blocks. And your latest Dear Jane is beautiful too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those blocks will look so good together. I love the colors. Glad you got a bit of rain. We had some that brought a bit of cooler weather but now we are back to HOT. Well, winter will come soon enough and we will be wishing for warmth.
    I sent you a message but it bounced and I found it in the spam file. Haven't figured that out yet. Computers!#+?

    ReplyDelete