Friday, August 19, 2011

My Jane G13 and FW 7


Encouraging words of the day:
Continuing with my favorite Psalm 91
5 Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
      nor the arrow that flies in the day.
 6 Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness,
      nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
 7 Though a thousand fall at your side,
      though ten thousand are dying around you,
      these evils will not touch you.
 8 Just open your eyes,
      and see how the wicked are punished. – Psalm 91 NLT


Look what I found for $24 at an estate sale!  It is full of thread, only about 12 old spools.  The rest are new.  The jar is also interesting although I bought it because of the thread.  It’s a huge Mason jar.  It says “Patent, Nov. 30, 1858” but I’m sure it’s a replica.  There’s an eagle with 4 stars under it and 3 above it on the other side.  It’s 20 inches tall and 30 inches in diameter and almost full of spooled thread.  


Ok, “My Jane” is updated.  I’ve done 44 blocks to date and here is G-13.  This one was fun to make and actually turned out pretty good.  It looks crooked in the photo but it really isn’t.  I don’t know why it came out that way.  Right……
G-13

 “My Farmer’s Wife” block..  Working on that…  Sewed block #7 and did a terrible jog.  It came out backwards which is fine, like a mirror image but it also came out SO crooked.  I thought this was going to be easier than "My Jane" but I'm actually doing a better job on Jane.  I'm not doing FW-7 over.  I'm keeping it so I can see how much I improve as I go along. 
Farmer's Wife Block 7 - Birds in the Air
These birds are definitely flying crooked.
Also working on sleeping jams for my 4 grandsons so that’s been keeping me busy.

Giveaways I’ve found:
"Green Fairy Quilts" is giving away a Fat Quarter Bundle with 38 fat quarters in it, a Jelly Roll and a Layer Cake. – end date not listed.
"p.s. i quilt" is giving away a fat quarter bundle. – ends August 22nd.
"Jackie's Art Quilts" is having a giveaway of a fat quarter bundle. – ends August 26th.

That is all. 

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Well, it's hard to get birds to behave. I have the feeling that when you put that in a quilt it will look just fine.