Friday, May 4, 2012

Charity Quilt Done and My Jane M-10 and M-12


Encouraging words of the day:

For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many." ~ Matthew 20:28, NLT

We’re back at the ranch for a couple of weeks.  When we were here last, I had been working on a little “Hand’s To Help Charity Quilt.”  I had finished the top and thought I would finish putting it together when we returned to El Paso.  Well, that didn’t work out because the quilt top was nowhere to be found in the quilting  “stuff” I took back.  Mama and Dad had gone with us and Mama also takes her quilting “stuff.”  I asked her to look through her items and see if “maybe” my quilt top was among her things.  Nope.  So, I decided I must have left it at the ranch.  I could NOT find it.  Finally, I did find it in a drawer full of fat quarters and other miscellaneous.  Yay!  So now I’ve spent the day finishing it and here it is.  Some of the blocks are crazy quilt blocks and the others have an I-Spy charm.


Aunt Reen at "Aunt Reen's Quilts"  is working on appliqué blocks this month.  Since I’ve finished most of those on our road trips, I will have time to finish the blocks she started out with. Here are M-10 and M-12.  Both were easily paper-pieced with the pieces cut out in the sizes recommended by Aunt Reen.

M-10

M-12

These blocks are not as crooked as they look.  Sometimes my camera takes crooked pictures :)  Really.

 That is all.

5 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Gee, I wish I could blame my crooked stuff on the camera... That is one wild quilt. I'll bet some kid will have fun with it.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Kids just love I Spy - busy patterns. This little quilt is darling and perfect for a little one. Congratulations on getting 2 more Jane blocks completed - you are making wonderful progress on these!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

The Charity quilt turned out great and you are really going on My Jane since you found Aunt Reen's web site! BTW...I love all the animals who came to visit your little Hilachas house this month...........

Teresa F. said...

The charity quilt looks awesome.I'm sure they will love it.Your Dear Jane's is going on well,too.

Needled Mom said...

That's a great charity quilt. How lucky to be done with the applique blocks!!!! The pieced ones look terrific.