Wednesday, May 9, 2012

iPad Posting, One Flower Wednesday and BR-13 and C-1

Encouraging words of the day:



"I, yes, I alone, will blot out your sins for my own sake and will never think of them again. ~Isaiah 43:25, NLT


How tempting it is to remind someone of a past offense. But when God forgives our sins he totally forgets them. We never have to fear that he will remind us of them later. Because God forgives our sin, we need to forgive others.





Thank you, God, for a rainy day in the Texas Hill Country today. We have been needing the rain and are grateful. The rainy day makes it a great day for sewing, reading, and eating stew.


Once again, it's that day when Karen at Journey of a Quilter hosts “One Flower Wednesday” and provides a linky for all of to share our hexagon flowers. This week I sewed up a pretty pink flower. It looks like I have several flowers that don't fit in with my landscape hexie quilt I'm planning so I may have to make a scrappy hexie quilt too. Here's my little pink flower fo this week.


Here are a couple more of "My Jane" blocks. I am amazed at how easily the triangles sew up. For some reason, I thought that those would be more difficult than the squares. Here is BR-3.


BR-13

C-1
C-1 was easy paper-piecing. It's really relaxing to sew these easy blocks.


I also worked on a beautiful paper-pieced wall hanging I found on a fellow blogger's blog. I still need to do the border and backing. This was such fun to make that I will probably make a couple more to have ready as Christmas gifts.


It still needs the border and binding but I'm happy with it :)




Giveaway:


The Amateur Quilter is giving away 10 fat quarters. - Ends May 19th.


Whew. I think I'm finally finished with this blog post. I'm trying to get better at blogging from my iPad but this has been a trial. It has taken me about 3 times longer than posting from my laptop. I KNOW this has to get easier with practice but, really. I could be sewing or eating or something instead of spending all this time trying to figure out "Blogsy" which "they" (those in the know?) say is supposed to be great for iPad blogging. They have all their tutorials on "You Tube" and I just do better if I can just read the instructions rather than download or upload the little movie and then watch it, miss something, have to go find where I missed it etc. etc. Does anyone have an easier way to post on iPad?


That is all.




13 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

That is such a pretty pink hexie flower.......and you are moving right along with My Jane.....soon you will be done and then what will you do with your time? Another quilt, of course!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

The colors in the pink flower are so soft and pretty. The My Jane blocks are wonderful as usual. I haven't jumped on the iPad bandwagon yet but will sooner or later and maybe by then you will be able to tell me everything about it.

Needled Mom said...

Very nice work. We just got back today from the Texas hill country. I have never seen such a lightening show as Monday night ans Saturday's storm was impressive too. Of course we loved seeing it.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Love your pretty pink hexie and My Jane blocks. Gorgeous Christmas tree, can you share the blog where you found it?

Julie Fukuda said...

I love all your progress. I really prefer instructions printed out so I can go step-by-step at my own speed. I hope the rain means we will not be hearing about fires this year. Those are so scarry.

Karen said...

Pretty in pink flower! Great DJ blocks, I prepared two blocks the other day, as the rain poured down and started stitching one today. The triangles are really easy.

Karen said...

Forgot to say, the tree is fabulous!!!

sunny said...

Love your 'pretty in pink' flower! And that tree is awesome. How do you make the seasonal changes to your header photo??

Maria said...

Lovely Header picture...

Lovely flowers and blocks you made this week.

Mary said...

My iPad arrived about two weeks ago and I haven't had the courage to try blogging with it. I've used it for making two comments. One went through and the other didn't. Maybe we can figure this out together. I love your pink hexie flower.

Anthea said...

The hexy flower is very pretty, the sound of a scrappy quilt is a great idea! I have no clue about I-Anything, so I have no suggestions, sorry... goodluck with it...

Teresa in Music City said...

Hi Irene, I just found your blog through another :*) I use BlogPress for my posts on my iPad when I am at retreat or away from home, and so far it has worked great! It is a free ap and pretty easy to work with. My first post had a jillion pictures and went through just fine. You can see it here if you like: http://aquiltandaprayer.blogspot.com/2012/03/checking-in-from-camp-widjiwagan.html

Love your little hexies! I'm going to have to join in watching your progress =^..^=

Quilter Raised in the South said...

very nice work! I love the variety of pink petals in your pink hexie flower.