Wednesday, May 16, 2012

One-Flower Wednesday and My Jane I-2 and J-4

Encouraging Words of the Day:


And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.

~ Colossians 3:15, NLT


We got back to El Paso last evening. I crocheted on the trip. From time-to-time, I will crochet prayer shawls. I hadn't done one in quite a while so I spent the time doing that.

Once again, it's that day when Karen at Journey of a Quilter hosts “One Flower Wednesday” and provides a linky for all of to share our hexagon flowers. Here are a couple of flowers I made for my "some-day scrappy hexie quilt."

And then here are a couple of "My Jane" blocks, also easy paper-piecing.

I-2
J-4
I've been going through the mail this morning. There was a package from my oldest son and his family. I received this cool pen, perfect for a mother/grandmother that hunts:

In case you can't see it very well, it's a pen made to look like a rifle bullet.

That is all.



9 comments:

sister outlaws said...

Your some day scrappie hexie quilt will be amazing! Love these hexies! And your crochet looks lovely! Reminds me I have toget back to doing more crochet.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

The crochet looks nice! And I love the hexies....the one on the left looks like a kalideoscope. Onward you go with "Your Jane" blocks!

Quilter Raised in the South said...

what cute hexies! I love what you did with the fussy cut border in the center. I'll have to tell hubby about the pen, think he needs one:)

Julie Fukuda said...

You made good use of your time. I love the new additions.

Mary said...

Your blocks look great and the pen is hilarious.

Karen said...

You have been busy Irene. Beautiful shawl, fabulous flowers and excellent Dear Janes!

Anthea said...

wow, you're a busy lady. Love the flowers!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Beautiful crochet work (my goodness..you're a busy gal)
Love your hexies and DJ blocks too!
That pen is VERY cool! lol

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

The shawl is beautiful - so delicate!
Love the hexie flowers - especially the the design that resulted from the fussy cut petals.
As usual, your My Jane blocks look perfect. I look forward to the time when you put all those tiny blocks together.