Monday, May 7, 2012

My Jane F-4 and Triangle BR-1


Encouraging words of the day:
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow, not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love. 

~ Romans 8:38, NLT


 
I’m making a lot of headway on “My Jane” lately.  I’ve told you what a treasure I’ve found in Aunt Reen’s tutorials at "Aunt Reen's Quilts."  I have finished all of the appliquĂ© blocks (I think) and that’s what Aunt Reen is working on this month so I’m trying to catch up with the blocks she’s already posted.  Today I’m showing off F-4 and BR-1.  I think Aunt Reen started us off with the easy blocks so these were not much trouble.  


F-4

 BR-1

That’s all I’ve done as far as sewing goes.  I’ve been going out in the evenings trying to kill a feral hog since we’re at the ranch for a couple of weeks.  No luck so far.  We also have a leak in our house. Seems like it’s the water heater so we’re going to replace that.  Well, I won’t be replacing it.  I stand around and wring my hands while the plumber tells us what needs to be done.  My husband supervises.
 
That is all.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

YOU'RE trying to kill the feral hog? I'd be hiding in the house wringing my hands.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Wonderful blocks! I especially like BR-1. We had to replace our water heater a couple of years ago and my DH made a great supervisor, too - lol!

Needled Mom said...

I do enjoy seeing her blocks and how they are constructed.

Plumbing problems...ugh! We put one of those tankless ones in and love it.

Good luck with the hog.

Julie Fukuda said...

Nice progress. We did the leaky water heater thing a while back but not until it had caused a lot of damage. Watch out for that hog ... they can be mean!

Julie Fukuda said...

Nice progress. We did the leaky water heater thing a while back but not until it had caused a lot of damage. Watch out for that hog ... they can be mean!

Carla said...

Looks good. Are you sewing it together?

Josie McRazie said...

I am really liking your triangles! Well done!

Karen said...

Lovely, great orange fabric! Happy fabric!