Friday, August 3, 2012

Goodies in the Mail and Traveling Stash Reminder


Encouraging words of the day:
Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. ~ 1 Peter 5:7, NLT

 The mailman has been good to me.  No, I haven’t received the Traveling Stash Box #3.  But everyone else has been wonderful about sending me stuff.  I did get a box so I opened that first.  Back in June, Rebeckah from “Rose Creations” had a giveaway for small picnic blanket.  Well, I won and Rebeckah promptly asked me what kind of quilt I wanted.  Imagine!  I could choose what I wanted and she would make it.  Well, she was in the process of making a Tetris designed quilt so I chose that and yesterday it arrived.  It is so bright and colorful and beautiful.

Those blocks that have the word Tetris are made of 1-inch squares.  The tetris blocks themselves are a little bigger.
Thanks so much, Rebeckah.  Your sewing skills are beautiful and to be envied.

 The next package I opened held another item I won.  This is an interesting book full of delightful projects to sew up.  The book was a giveaway from Snoodles atLilypad Quilting.”  Thanks, Snoodles.  Now to decide which project to start first.



And the last package I opened was from Brenda in Montana who sent me 100 postage stamp charms for the quilt I’ll make one of these days.  This is for a swap at "The Curious Quilter."  If you’re interested, she holds a swap for postage stamp charms, 4 times a year.

 One last thing, don’t forget to enter for the drawing for the traveling stash box that my sister Ida, from "My sister made me do it," and I put together.  It’s filled with goodies that we hope you’ll like. Please check it out here. Ends tonight at midnight.  The winner will be announced tomorrow and the box will go out in Monday’s mail.  Good luck!

That is all.

7 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I just can't think of more stash when I will have to live to 200 to use what I have already. Looks like you got some goodies.

Needled Mom said...

You have had some great mail there. I like that Tetris quilt. I have NOT jumped on that wagon YET!!!! LOL

Rebeckah Austin said...

I am glad the quilt arrived alright.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

What a beautiful quilt Rebekah sent. Coincidentally I saw a block she made for Block Swap Adventure and she was so sweet to give me the link to the directions. I also have received some postage stamp blocks from The Curious Quilter's swap...what a nice idea....we can hopefully have our PSQ's started and added to our UFO pile soon.....(grin)

sunny said...

Well, aren't you the lucky girl! A quilt made just for you. Very nice.

Snoodles said...

That Tetris quilt is so cute! I think I need to make one --- fun game, and such bright colors for a quilt!
I'm glad that your book arrived so quickly...I love mine, and hope you enjoy your copy!

Karen said...

Lovely Tetris quilt!