Wednesday, August 8, 2012

One-Flower Wednesday and My Jane E-3




Encouraging words of the day:

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. ~ Hebrews 13:8, NLT

Once again, it's “One Flower Wednesday.” I sewed up 2 hexie flowers for my partner at the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap," talk about killing two birds with one stone. Well, I'm doing that today. Again. My partner asked for flowers from Civil War fabric (which I just happen to have since that's my favorite fabric at the time) with black centers. They were fun to sew up since I did them quickly while watching the Olympics.

I'm still receiving postage stamp charms from my fellow swappers. I now have 700 so I could actually start sewing something. What I plan to sew is a quilt where all the charms are different. The swap I entered is at "The Curious Quilter." If you’re interested, she holds a swap for postage stamp charms, 4 times a year.

The “Two Sisters Traveling Stash” box is off to the winner, Josie McRazie. Congratulations, Josie. The stash should arrive by the end of the week. Here's a teaser photo I took just before taping it up.

And no, I haven't forgotten "My Jane." I sewed up 3 blocks this week and spent a while on prep work for future blocks. What seems to work best for me is to spend a while cutting out fabric pieces for the blocks and storing them, along with their paper-piecing papers in little sandwich bags. Then whenever I have a little time, I'm ready to sew with a minimum of preparation.


Here is E-3. It wasn't too hard. I did have to match up corners and points.

E-3

That is all.

 

8 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Love the hexies....especially the one with the black and brownish-orange fabric.........and you are still plugging away at "your" Jane........waiting to see what you do with Penny Haren.....lol........

Aunt 'Reen said...

Really cute hexies! Your Jane block is lovely too!

sunny said...

Love your flowers! And your stash box looks fabulous. What a very kind thing you and Ida did.

Karen said...

Pretty fabric for your flowers and look at that stash box!!!! Jane E-3 looks wonderful, I agree, it is best to prep several at a time.

hafza said...

Your hexies are lovely... especially the brown color:)

Needled Mom said...

Your hexies look great. It sounds like everyone is getting hand sewing done in from of the television with the Olympics on.

Love seeing your DJ blocks!

Mary said...

Your DJ block looks great. I also spend a lot of time prepping blocks so they are ready whenever I can sit down at the machine a bit.

Carla said...

Amazing work on your DJ and the hexies!