Sunday, August 12, 2012

Traveling Stash Box #3

Encouraging Words of the Day:

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow, not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love. ~ Romans 8:38, NLT


"Traveling Stash Box #3" has finally arrived after almost 7 weeks!  Yes!  And it is full of delightful items.  I've just finished selecting what I want from the box and am ready to get it moving again. Here's a photo of the box, ready to be mailed to the next winner.


Here's a summary of what it holds:

a fat quarter bundle consisting of 7 fat quarters,

26 fat quarters,


11 fabric pieces of different sizes and 4 different panels,

21 patterns, a quilt journal and a variety of different notions,

a cute pin cushion, 

a package of 4-inch Halloween charms,

several 2-inch postage stamp charms,

a 5-inch charm pack,

5-inch I-Spy charms,

and a package of 4-inch charms,



The usual rules apply:

1.       Be an active blogger. Post about receiving and the giveaway on your blog within a week.

2.     There is a note in the box that logs where the box has been. Please add your info and place the note back in the box.

3.     There is a list of Rules and Guidelines in the box. Please read and follow these and return the list to the box. The box we will use shall be a USPS large Flat Rate Box which ships for around $14.95. If the box you receive is damaged or unusable you can get another one free of charge from the Post Office.

4.     You may take anything you like from the box. Just replace every item with comparable quilt shop quality items equal to the amount taken. See guidelines below.

5.     Ship the box to the next person within 5 days of announcing the winner.

6.    Due to postage constrictions, shipping is only within the USA.


GUIDELINES:
The definition of a stash is a secret store of valuables. For quilters it's a collection of usable quality products. The stash should contain mostly fabric with a few patterns and/or books and other items.

  • FABRIC: Should be quilt shop quality in new condition. Scraps should only be included if they are cut for adding to a collection and packaged accordingly (i.e. I-Spy squares, postage stamp squares, etc.). There should not be anything under a Fat Quarter unless packaged like this.     
  • PATTERNS/BOOKS: Should be in new or gently used condition. They should be kept to a minimum (books are bulky and take up space that most of us would rather have for fabric).
  • OTHER ITEMS: Should be in new or gently used condition. Tools, notions, etc. These items should be packaged if necessary.

IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
  • If you receive a box with anything that is of "poor" condition you should not feel guilty in tossing it out but please do NOT announce that you have done so. Please just do so quietly.
  • Only put items in the box that you would be proud to own. The box is NOT a dumping place for all your outdated unwanted items.
  • Items should be free of smoke and pet hairs.
  • You must replace items you take with the same quantity of like-kind items. Replacing more than you take is always welcome. :)
All you have to do to win this stash box is leave a comment below. You have until midnight August 18th, Central-Daylight-Time. The winner will be announced on August 19th and the box will be mailed as soon as I get the winner's address. Good luck.

That is all.

18 comments:

Lisa said...

I will once again try to win a box! I never win but I like to look inside with the pictures people post. It is welcome in West Virginia!

Jan aka StampQn said...

I'd love to participate in one of these swaps. What a great way to share!

Tiffany said...

Woohoo for you finally getting the box! :D Would love to win and share some of my goodies :D

Jamie Lee said...

Count me in!

Rebeckah Austin said...

Oh OH pick me lol.

Coloradolady said...

OH, I have been wanting to do this for a while!! count me in and hope it is my lucky day!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

So happy you finally received that box and another thank you for starting #8. I would love to have this box visit - if only for the apple and butterfly fabric I Spy!

Astrid said...

What a treasure box full of goodies! I'm glad to hear you finally received the box - 7 weeks is long overdue - :) Don't count me in, I'm not in the US. :)

Josie McRazie said...

Hey, What is the black fabric with the blue and green guitars on it?? Someone used some of that in a swap I did and I WANT MORE!! LOL

carolyn said...

Love the verioty of fabrics and patterns. Count me in!

Sharon said...

I'm so glad you received a great box to drool over. I'd love to participate.

Becky said...

So glad "the mystery" of this box has been resolved. Looks like some lovely goodies in this one. Thank you for your note about "Poor" quality fabric. Nicely stated! Take care and Sew on!

Wendy said...

So glad this box finally arrived! So many wonderful goodies in this box. So glad to see your note on poor quality fabric. Please put my name in the hat!

Ruth said...

I want to play along like a traveling quilt shop.

Shannon said...

Some good looking stuff!! Thank you for the chance to win!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Better late than never! Looks like another fun stuffed box. Throw my name in the hat if you would please.

Sue said...

Glad the box finally got to you. Would love to win it!

Natitxu N Del Val said...

un sorteo precioso, no se si se puede participar desde España. Un beso