Wednesday, August 15, 2012

One-Flower Wednesday and My Jane M-5 in the Hill Country


Encouraging Words of the Day:
God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. ~ 2 Timothy 1:7, NLT
 
We're back at our ranch in the Texas Hill Country.  We need rain but it has rained some and is beautiful this time of year.  We've been out hunting feral hogs but have had no luck.  We haven't even seen one yet but we still have time :)

On the trip out, I did my hand-sewing as usual and sewed up my flowers for One Flower Wednesday.”  I'm still working on my little half-inchers.  Here are three of them.  They are SO cute.
That bottom blue flower had an accident.  I lost one of the little petals so I filled it in with another blue "flowery" petal I had and made my flower on of those "good enough" flowers.

Karen at  Journey of a Quilter) has organized One Flower Wednesday and provides a linky for all of to share our hexagon flowers.  If  you would like to see more flowers out there in blogland, just click HERE.

And I've added to "My Jane" so have M-5 to show you.  It was easy paper-piecing.

M-5

You still have time to put your name in the drawing for "Traveling Stash Box #3."  Click here for more information and to enter.  Good luck.

That is all.

12 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I hope the weather is a bit cooler up there in the Texas Hill Country. Love the flowers, even the "good enough" one - even flowers in nature aren't always perfect.
Once again your work is amazing on your My Jane block!!

Mary said...

Your M-5 looks great. I may re-do mine someday because I did not get enough contrast between my two fabrics, or, maybe I'll just remind myself that it's only one out of 169 blocks and let it go. Good luck on the hog hunting!

sunny said...

Nice flowers! I haven't tried sewing in a moving car. Maybe I'll try a flower one day. The half-inchies are cute, but I think they're harder to handle. Well done.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

what cute little flowers and the one with the different petal is cute too. Hope you all have having a good time. I know you love the ranch.

Aunt 'Reen said...

M5 looks wonderful! Those tiny hexies are darling! Hope you are graced with more of that much needed rain soon.

Needled Mom said...

I think your flowers look terrific and your DJ block is so pretty. How many blocks do you have completed now? Enjoy your stay.

Teresa F. said...

Your hexie flowers look wonderful. I love your DJ block,too.
Hugs,
Teresa

Kathinca said...

Pretty hexagons and M-5. The small sizes of the hexagons and dear jane, wow.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Cute little hexies!!! Nice job on your Jane block

Maria said...

beautiful flowers to add to your garden...
Great Dear Jane block too.

sister outlaws said...

A happy accident on the blue flower - I like it's slight flaw. Gives it character! Just as our flaws make us interesting!

Karen said...

Sweet flowers! And, another great Dear Jane.