Monday, September 17, 2012

My Jane C-8 and TR-12



Encouraging Words of the Day:



We arrived at our little ranch in the Texas Hill Country on Thursday.  We’ve enjoyed a gentle drizzling rain up until today, Monday.  Today we have sunshine.  We tried to go hog hunting yesterday evening since the rain seemed to be clearing up.  By the time we got to the blinds, we were drenched.  So much for our weather-predictions.  And the hogs had better sense then we did since none showed up.  But today is another day!

I’ve been sewing a little.  I finished a couple of “My Jane” blocks.  C-8 is a block I sewed here and TR-12 is a block that I appliquéd on the trip out to the ranch.  C-8 looks hard but was actually easily paper-pieced.

C-8

TR-12 has a beautiful oak leaf and was easy appliqued and yes, I made it the correct size :)

TR-12

Just before we left El Paso, we stopped by the post office.  I had this nice package from my partner in the “Rugs With Friends” group.  Wendi sent this gorgeous autumn mug rug, pretty autumn buttons and a hexagon-shaped needlecase.  Funny how I always seem to make a needlecase for someone else and never make one for myself.  Well, Wendi made one that is SO me.  She must have been visiting my blog and seeing all the hexies I make.  Thanks so much for everything, Wendi.
      
That is all.

7 comments:

  1. C-8 does look difficult but it looks great. That pumpkin mugrug is so sweet. What a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Jane is coming along. I can't even imagine beginning a project that complicated.
    Keep your powder dry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. C8 really does look complicated. It turned out beautifully.

    I love your autumn mug rug. It is perfect for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Jane blocks are so pretty. You did a good job. Love the mug rug Wendi made and also the needlecase....yes, it is SO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had the time and talent to do a dear Jane ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute mugrug and your Dear Jane blocks are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Jane blocks are beautiful!

    Wow - what a wonderful Autumn themed mug rug and such a lovely needle case.

    ReplyDelete