Saturday, September 1, 2012

Beautiful Ranch House on First Day of September


Encouraging Words of the Day:
Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you. ~ Psalm 9:10, NLT

What?  I can’t believe that I typed my whole blog post and went off to do something, returned, and it’s gone.  No, I didn’t save it.  What a  rookie thing to do.  So here I am writing it again.  It’s a beautiful Saturday in El Paso on this first day of September.  My husband and I hit a few estate and garage sales today but didn’t have the luck we had last weekend.  The most exciting thing I bought was a book about monsters and nerds for our grandson.

I’ve really done quite a bit of organizing, cutting, and actual sewing this week.  We spent some time going through the mail that had accumulated while we were gone and I had a wonderful package from Kris, my “Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap” partner for August.  Kris from “Lavendar Quilts” held a giveaway in July.  She was giving several patterns where one could win the pattern of one’s choice.  I didn’t win but Kris included the pattern I chose with the hexie flowers she sent me.  I am overwhelmed with her generosity and can’t wait to start my “Harvest Home” pattern.  Kris, thanks so much.

I also received a nice surprise from my sister from “My Sister Made Me do It” yesterday.  Well, I did moan and groan and whine until Ida made me this beautiful paper-pieced house just like our ranch house.  Here’s the picture of our ranch house in the Texas Hill Country.

AND, here’s the block that Ida made for me of our little house. 

I want to put my hexie flowers all around it and create a landscape wall hanging of some sort.  I’ve been playing with this all morning.  (That’s probably how I lost the first copy of my blog that I was writing out since I've been playing with my house block and hexagons all morning.…)  Thanks, Ida.  I'm loving it!

I’ve also gotten involved sewing hexathons.   I showed you one previously and have two more to show you.  I completed these on our recent road trip back to El Paso.



Don't forget about my giveaway along with many others who are participating in the Quilt Gallery's  "Celebrate Back-to-School Days Quilters' Blog Hop.”  It ends on September 3rd. Just look for the logo on everyone's blog.  I have it posted on the left side of my blog also. 

That is all.

9 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

You're welcome, Sis, I'm glad you are having a good time with your little house. Wow what pretty flowers Kris sent you and a pattern to boot! Love your hexathons.....and I love, love, love the way you are changing your little "Hilachas" house on your header every season.....the school bus and autumn tree, back to school theme is adorable!

Carla said...

Lovely quilt from your sister and your hexagons look great!

sister outlaws said...

Wow! The house will look amaixing with hexies around it! I love that! AND the "hexathons"!

Julie Fukuda said...

I agree that the house is going to look great with those hexies framing it. Since you get the blame for her blog, will she get the blame for that hanging? How nice to have someone to blame. It's enough to make one lose what they've written!

Natitxu N Del Val said...

El regalo de tu hermana es una preciosidad!!!!!

Celtic Thistle said...

Love the house block and the hexies look great with it. Can definitely see why the blog post went AWOL!

Theresa said...

Your house with hexies is sooo sweet, I love it! Have a great day!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

The block Ida made for you is a perfect rendition of your ranch house! How fun it will be to make it into a wall hanging.
What will you be making with your hexathons?

Darren Lanphere said...

How sweet of Ida to give you a beautiful paper-pieced house (just like your ranch house) as a present. It’s a really good idea to add in some hexie flowers, Hilachas. I suggest that you go for it! I like the view of your house from afar. I wonder, what more up close, right? :)

Darren Lanphere