Monday, September 10, 2012

Take heed...



You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind. And, love your neighbor as yourself. ~ Luke 10:27, NLT
 
Take heed.
I’ve been sewing like mad trying to catch up with "Aunt Reen's" Dear Jane tutorial.  We're supposed to finish in 13 months.  Well, I started in May of 2011, and that's not going to happen for me but I'd like to at least keep up with Aunt Reen.  I don't think that's going to happen either.  One of the reasons is because I made 6 blocks the wrong size.  The software automatically sizes the blocks at 4.5 x 4.5 inches.  So, I made 6 triangle blocks that size before remembering that "Aunt Reen" reminds us over and over that triangle blocks need to be re-sized to 5 x 8 inches.  So, here's some of what I've done....

TR-1, TR-2, TR-3 RS-9, BR-1, and BR-13 have all been done at both sizes.  I guess I can use the wrong-sized blocks in some other project like "My Jane Potholders" or "My Jane Mug Rugs."  Anyway, here's what I've done lately while I've been "spinning my wheels" so to speak.




TR-1


TR-2


TR-3


RS-9 


BR-1


BR-13

That is all.

12 comments:

Kelli said...

I think your mini-triangle blocks would make an adorable set of Jane potholders. And WOW. Those are amazing. I am always amazed by just how much work goes into just one block. Gorgeous.

Aunt 'Reen said...

I agree that these little Jane triangles are really adorable! I'm sure you will come up with a wonderful mini quilt project with these. :D

You are making wonderful progress re-creating these in larger sizes! They are ALL beautiful!

Teresa in Music City said...

I did TR2 - the tree - for my first triangle and realized halfway through that I had not resized it. It was green and white, so I finished it up, added some extra white to the bottom, embroidered my name in the white and made a name tag out of it. My own Dear Jane name tag!!!

sunny said...

Oh No! The little blocks are very cute, and I'm sure you'll think of something wonderful to do with them.

sister outlaws said...

Looking forward to seeing how these all fit together! I think the mini ones are very cute (and must have been fiddly?). Perhaps it is a happy accident to have made the little triangles!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

I'll bet your sister would love something made with the little blocks.......really love BR1 and BR13 although ALL of them are wonderful....the small and the larger ones.........you have been working hard....those smaller ones look like they were made by "someone who knows what she is doing".....lol........

Snoodles said...

I'm always in awe of those who can do those blocks....and you did them smaller! Oi!
Great work!

Astrid said...

Lots of work going into those little cute blocks. I admire those who are doing them! I think your 'error-blocks' will look great as potholders or mug rugs. Wonderful quilty week to you!

Astrid said...

I forgot to ask; do you machine or hand stich those blocks?

Needled Mom said...

Oh dear....that is a lot of piecing to do twice!!! They look fabulous though. 13 months? Hmmmm.

Mary said...

I am falling behind as well, but am making more progress this year sine Doreen began helping us out. Your workmanship looks beautiful no matter what size your blocks are.

Karen said...

Way to go Irene!!!