Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Feral Hog Down and One-Flower Wednesday




Yes!  Our hunting was finally successful.  We had put the game camera out and saw that they were coming to the blinds in the morning so this morning we got up and there they were.  I killed this big hog this morning at 8:30 am.  Reminding you that feral hogs in Texas are out of control.  They tear up the land, destroy property, and will kill the whitetail deer.  There is no hunting season for feral hogs since they are considered predators.  Here’s a photo.

                         
And I made these little flowers while we’ve been on the road.  

There's a "make-do" flower amongst them. I keep saying over and 

over but it bears repeating, “I just love these hexie flowers.”  Here 

are my flowers for this week.  Thank you, Karen for keeping us 

on-task with our flowers.

We’re on our way back to El Paso on Wednesday (today) so I’ll 

catch you later on the “flip side.”

That is all.

15 comments:

  1. Wow! Shooting a huge hog and making dainty little flowers...you are one amazing woman. I love your hexie flowers. What size hexagons are you using for them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are certainly a woman of diverse talents! You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot! That is one less causing problems. Do you butcher them afterwards?

    What is a make do flower? They all look great to me. That is such a great car project.

    Have a safe trip back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMM.. hog steak, sounds like Bar-b-que time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shot! I pity anyone who messes with your fabric stash ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - fabric and guns....! Quite the combination. ;) Your hexies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I have to ask what you do with a beast like that when it is dead? Just wondering! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely flowers and congrats on getting the hog! I to am wondering what you do with it after?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those little flowers. The "make-do" flowers are almost like an "I-spy" type block....."I spy one petal that is different....."
    I am glad you got the hog....Barbara just posted a story about there being feral hogs in Ruidoso Downs that are attacking pets! It's unfortunate that they are not good for meat....I remember the one you all tried to have butchered and the meat was terrible! Glad you are coming home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your flowers.

    Gr. Hennie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go!! We live near Brady, TX and Praise the Lord, we don't have a hog problem, though they are all around us! I love seeing all your little flowers - so pretty! Safe travels!! Going to check out that LQS on line!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  12. making the world safe and beautiful too, isn't it great being female! You are woman!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three pretty little flowers for your garden, my favourite is the bright yellow one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Irene, what sweet flowers!
    Thanks for being a part of Blogtoberfest, hosted by Cathy aka {tinniegirl} last year. Thought you might be interested to know that we're running it again in 2012. You can find all the info at: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/blogtoberfest-2012.html
    And we're kicking off this Monday! Would love to see you there.
    Kat xxx

    ReplyDelete