Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Back in El Paso on One-Flower Wednesday

Encouraging Words of the Day




We're back in El Paso. We didn't do well hunting during November. Hunting season will continue through the second week of January so we may have another chance to return to the Texas Hill Country to hunt whitetail deer or feral hogs.

I did a lot of hand-sewing on the 6-hour road trip back to El Paso. I worked on applique for my entry in the "Third Annual Neighborhood Party" which is a house block lotto. This is the second year I've entered. Participants send in a house block. There are usually about 3 winners who receive enough blocks to make a quilt top. I believe it's not too late to enter yet. Picture in a future post...

 

Then, of course, I worked on my flowers for "One Flower Wednesday" where each week Karen provides a linky for us to show our flowers. Here are 3 little 1/2-inch hexies made of 1930s fabric.

That is all.

 

12 comments:

sister outlaws said...

These are so adorable! the 1930's fabrics are just so sweet! i sometimes look at American quilts from the '30's on ebay....yes I know I could make one....one day!!!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Yes! These are the most adorable mini hexies you have made so far! The little duck looks like she thinks she is so important! And the little cat with the apron on (is that what it is??) is too cute too.....not to mention the daisy and floral flower.........I likem! And I like that you are home too. :)

Janet said...

Too bad you were skunked! Love your "little" hexies. Lots of cute fussy cutting.

sunny said...

Your little flowers are too cute! I made minis this week too. Then last night I made an inchy, and it seemed ginormous!!

Julie Fukuda said...

Half an inch!!! That is way too small for all that work!

Astrid said...

Your hexies are gorgeous! Love that little duck, too cute!

Needled Mom said...

Your hexies are so sweet. Is that a snowman one?

Sorry about the skunking. Hopefully, you will have better luck before the season ends.

Will you be in El Paso now until Christmas? Welcome home.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Love your little hexies, Beautiful fussy cutting.

Karen said...

Sweet, sweet flowers! I love the one with the yellow center flower.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Those little fussy cut hexies are darling! Good luck with your house block lottery!

Quilter Raised in the South said...

I enjoy reading about your hunting adventures so much! and you get sewing done too, that is just amazing.

Anthea said...

Very pretty flowers Irene, you must have quite a number of them now...
x