Thursday, November 29, 2012

Southwest Snowman Entry in 2012 Christmas Quilt Show

Encouraging Words of the Day:
God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. ~ Ephesians 2:8, NLT
Ok, so I made these little mini quilts as Christmas gifts a few years ago and gave one to my sister, Ida from "My sister made me do it...." Well, now Ida "made me" enter one of the little mini quilts I made in the "2012 Christmas Quilt Show" so here it is. I called it the "Southwest Snowman" and being from Texas where it rarely snows, it is quite appropriately named.


It was quite easy to just cut the pieces out "free hand" and applique them on a sandy-looking background.
Visit this link and see all the beautiful Christmas enteries in the "2012 Christmas Quilt Show." There are also lots of prizes being given away and you don't even need to enter anything in the show in order to win.
That is all.

37 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh I love this! Very clever of you.

Nanbon44 said...

oh this is to funny, a snowman in the desert... great job

Vroomans' Quilts said...

An appropriate piece for the desert 'snow' season!

Mrs.Pickles said...

oh too cute!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

So cute! I wonder if he was sweating.....grin.

Sylvia said...

fun snowman!

Carla said...

How adorable.

Karen said...

Your quilt looks great. And I love the name you gave it!

Janet said...

Very cute!

Eileen said...

Very cool! Love your design and execution of an adorable quilt! Thanks for sharing and have a great day

Mary said...

How funny! Love it!

(this is my second attempt at leaving a comment this morning, you may get 2.)

Barb said...

This is soooo cute!

LynCC said...

lol! It's fun and whimsical and very cool. :D Good for your sister for making you share it at the show!

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

You should name the snowman. Willie Melt? LOL

Patricia said...

Very Cute! Just went out west but I did see some snow in the mountains.

sew.darn.quilt said...

Too cute!

Needled Mom said...

Very cute, Irene. I love the cactus! We always made snowmen from tumbleweeds and sprayed them white when the kids were little. California snowmen!!

Shannon said...

This is awesome! I'm from southern New Mexico and one of my favorite Christmas decorations was a southwest snowman my grandma had; basically a container of water with eyes/carrot etc. floating in it. I'd like to make a mini like this!

LethargicLass said...

very cute!!

whistlebet57 said...

What a great idea. Thanks for sharing. Elizabeth

Eunique said...

This makes me smile! Very, very cute

Nina Marie said...

LOL! hope your cute snowman put on his sunblock!!! Blessings of the Seasons and Christ's birth!!

Karin said...

How cute is that?! Perfect for our neck of the woods...errr...desert. Shannon's comment made me laugh - love her grandma's version of a SW snowman.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

So cute... love the snowman next to the cacti!

Christine M said...

That's different. A snowman in the dessert!

Lesley said...

This is so cute! Well done!

Sheila said...

I love this Irene , such a fun little mini!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

very different Christmas theme - nice

Linda said...

SO NEAT-LOVE IT!

msstitcher1948@yahoo.com

Kathleen at Rose Prairie said...

Very clever theme

Patsy said...

This is adorable!

Amys Crafty Shenanigans said...

This is so much fun!!! Very cute!

Aunt 'Reen said...

I love your little snowman quilt!
It is really adorable!

Judy B said...

Love your snowman, too cute! Thank you for sharing. jbechosend at sbcglobal dot net

Carolyn said...

Such a fun snowman quilt!

shez said...

cute,well done.xx

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

LOL,,,this is just too cute!!