Monday, November 19, 2012

Little Coin Purse on a Monday

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Our daughter, son-in-law, and grandson arrived last evening. They're all getting dressed and getting ready for the day so I have a few minutes to write something for my blog. Well, what I really want to do is show you this little coin purse I made. My sister from "My Sister Made Me Do it" kind of made me do it. She made a beautiful coin purse, showed me how it's done and even gave me the hardware to make my own so, what could I do? It looked like a lot of trouble but wasn't much trouble at all. The only frustrating part was sewing the little frame on but I finally figured it out and I'm ready to make another one. I was wanting to make something for the "Carol Doak It's in the Bag Challenge" where you have to make a purse of some kind using a Carol Doak paper-pieced block. I chose this little doll from "Carol Doak's 300 Paper-Pieced Blocks" book. Anyway, here it is. My next one will be better.


Now we're off to go hunting so...

that is all.

 
 

8 comments:

Anthea said...

It's just so cute Irene well done!
You have inspired me to give it a go, but the sew-in aspect of a coin purse like that intimidates me!
have a great day

Janet said...

I love how you and Ida make each other do things :) Nice to have a sister with similar interests. Cute purse. Will you take it out to the blind with you? As you carry your rifle over your shoulder? Wearing big billy boots and a bright coat I assume. Or maybe you don't need the "I am a person" warning because you don't have trees to hide you.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh my gosh! How CUTE!!!!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Yes you did a Great Job on the little coin purse and that little girl is so darling! I love her little dress with the ruffles and all.....I know you are so happy now with E and family....enjoy more family time!

sister outlaws said...

Has your sister always made you do things?? Did she get you into trouble? The coin purse is adorable. And I also really like the encouraging words of the day!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Your coin purse is SO VERY CUTE!! I've got one frame that I am hoping to make a coin purse. Glad your sister encouraged you to make yours.

Needled Mom said...

That turned out so cute! I always say that the first one is the hardest and then they are a piece of cake after that. I can't wait to see all that you will make.

Celtic Thistle said...

Paper-piecing a coin purse now that is impressive!