Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Back to Sewing and One Flower Wednesday

Encouraging Words of the Day:

The Lord will work out his plans for my life-for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me. ~ Psalm 138:8, NLT

Well, after blogging every day for a month on Blogtoberfest, I really took a break but now I'm back for "One Flower Wednesday." I try to never miss that. I have some more little flowers I sewed on the trip to the ranch in the Texas Hill Country. I'm trying to make these from 1930s or feedsack-type fabrics so I do have a plan of sorts. It will take a lot of these little 1/2-inch flowers to make anything....

Click here to see more hexie flowers on Karen's "Journey of a Quilter."

We've been busy hunting for whitetail deer and/or feral hogs but have not had any luck. On the opening weekend, it's always busy around here A lot of our friends from the nearby ranches arrive to hunt and it is non-stop visiting, eating, drinking, and hunting. Our youngest son was up for the weekend and, of course, I loved that. Now things have quieted down since most of the hunters have left and it's just my husband and I. That gives me a chance to get back to my sewing and I do have a long list of projects since I haven't had a chance to sew for ages it seems. I've been working on a mug rug for a swap. This needs to go to Australia so I'm hoping it gets there well before Christmas since it has a Christmas theme. Here's what I made.


 
Then I need to get back to "My Jane" which has been neglected for almost two months. I have a long list of UFOs that need my attention so I'll have fun sewing while we're at the ranch. Happy sewing to all of you.

That is all.

 

11 comments:

Carla said...

I love that Dresden plate! Of course your hexies are great!

Needled Mom said...

There is always so much to do and so little time to do it!!!!

I love the idea of a dresden mug rug. It looks super too.

1/2 inch hexies? Oh my! Those are tiny, but sooo cute.

Doniene said...

Of course your little hexies are so cute!!! And the Dresden Plate is beautiful!!

Yes, hunting season is upon us!!!

Have a blessed day!

Janet said...

Such cute little mini-hexies! Your Dresden plate mug rug was a super idea. Feral hogs eh!? Do you get out there with gun in hand?

Mrs.Pickles said...

the hexies and dresden look grat!!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Oh My Gosh! I let you beat me to posting for OFW! LOL....well that's ok because I don't even know what to show this week...Love that LL came down to the ranch and you could spend some time with him. Still thinking positively that you will have another couple of visitors next week........just make sure the sewing machines are oiled up...I'll pass on the rifle.....lol

Karen said...

Excellent flowers and a beautiful Christmas dresden!

sister outlaws said...

Love the fabrics in the hexies!

Hennie said...

Your dresden platen en flowers are so nice.

Gr Hennie.

Anthea said...

You deserved a break after blogging every day Irene, it made for great reading, though!
Love that mug rug, what a stunning shape, great fabrics

Celtic Thistle said...

How many Hexie flowers have you made now? They are all looking lovely.