Saturday, November 17, 2012

Waiting for Company and My Jane RS-2 and G-2

Encouraging Words of the Day

I am leaving you with a gift-peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid. ~ John 14:27, NLT

Yes, we've had a lot of company lately and next my daughter and her family are coming for a week-long Thanksgiving visit. They'll be here tomorrow so we're excited. This visit will include our daughter, son-in-law, and grandson. Between the visit of my sister and my daughter, I've gotten in a little sewing time. I worked on "My Jane," too long neglected, and produced 2 blocks. I have RS-2 and G-2 to show you.

 RS-2 looks better than shown in photo. Really.
G-2 

I've also started working on a quilt that Mama is making. Her arthritis is acting up so I offered to help her quilt it. I told her that lots of people send their quilts out to the long-arm quilter so it still counts that she made it if I help her quilt it and she finally gave in and let me help. She has the top all put together (beautiful appliqued leaves) and has her batting and backing so...here I go. Just look at this gorgeous top.

 Close-up of the leaves.

 Now I hope that I can do it justice....

 That is all.

4 comments:

  1. Your Mum's quilt is beautiful! And your "MyJane" pieces look good too. I love the tiny print and the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hope that when you and I are Mama's age that we can still produce anything as nice as she does.....and, yes, it still counts that she did it.......your My Jane blocks are pretty too and I know once E and family get there you will be smiling from ear to ear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time with your family Irene. Your mum is a pretty handy quilter, I can see where you get your talent from!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you're working on a Jane, too. :D I've neglected mine since moving, and need to get on the ball. I'm doing it as a BOM, supposed to get 10 babies done up each month. That means I'm about. . . 30 behind. yikes.

    ReplyDelete