Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Early Thanksgiving and One-Flower Wednesday

Encouraging Words of the Day


Thanksgiving is almost here. It's one of my all time favorite holidays. I love sharing a meal that I've prepared with my loved ones and just being together is a big plus. My daughter and family are with us this year. Each year, we have too much food left over at the end of their visit so this year, we prepared the "big meal" on Wednesday so we have more days left to finish leftovers. So from today through Sunday, its turkey and all the trimmings every day for every meal. We all love it that way. No more cooking and lots of good eating.



Yesterday we drove to Del Rio, Texas, the closest bigger town, and picked up a few things. It's a 2-hour round trip so I was able to sew two hexie flowers to show you for "One-Flower Wednesday." These flowers will be for my November partner in the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap." She asked for a fussy cut stripe so I hope she will like these.

 

We've had no luck hunting so we're off to try again.

Wishing all of you a "Happy Thanksgiving" full of love and happiness.

That is all.

 

10 comments:

sunny said...

Great stripey flowers. Happy Thanksgiving.

Doniene said...

Our favorite holiday, too!! All our kids are coming in tonight - so the feast begins tomorrow!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Julie Fukuda said...

Have a very happy Thanksgiving! Those hexie flowers are going to make your friend very happy indeed ... and probably thankful too.

Karen said...

Happy Thanksgiving Irene! You do very well with road trips and making flowers.

Mary said...

Have a very happy Thanksgiving, and good luck on the hunting.

Anthea said...

they are lovely Irene, stripes are great, your partner will love them i'm sure!
x

Maria said...

I enjoy stitching as my DH drives too.
Love the strippy flowers Irene...

Oh thank you for my lovely birthday parcel.

Janet said...

Cute stripey flowers! I love the idea of eating nothing but turkey and stuffing for days.

Kari @ The Purple Quiltapotamus said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Your hexies are beautiful - I think your swap partner will love them.

KatieQ said...

I'm sure your swap partner will love these stripey beauties.