Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My Sister’s Visit and One Flower Wednesday


Encouraging Words of the Day:
For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. ~ Psalm 84:11a, NLT

My sister Ida from "My Sister Made Me Do It...." and my nephew Josh visited us at our little ranch in Rocksprings.  As usual, she came bearing gifts!  Look at this loot:
She brought patterns, quilt labels, fabric and charm squares,  hardware for me to make a little coin purse, and a great gel-roller pen for writing on fabric.
We had a great time.  We went out hunting trying to find feral hogs but had no luck. Of course, with all the socializing going on in the blind, any game around probably knew it was not wise to venture into our vicinity.  We did take time to take photos and here we are:
Yes, it was cold in the Texas Hill Country but you can see by those smiles that we were not bothered by the cold.

It's  “OneFlower Wednesday” and I made these little flowers.
  


That purple and pink looks somewhat LOUD for my delicate little 

1/2-inch 1930s quilt but, oh well.  You can check out some more 

hexie flowers at the linky Karen graciously sets up for us each week



That is all.

5 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Looks like a good time was had by all! And you got some very nice goodies to play with long after your sister has returned home.

heather said...

It is great when guests come bearing gifts.

Janet said...

I can picture the two of you with rifles slung over your shoulders tramping through the .... what would you be tramping through? Or do you use handguns? Cute flowers :)

Karen said...

Sister time is the best, even with a gun in your hand! lol.

Needled Mom said...

It looks like it was cold, but I know you had a fabulous time together.

I am impressed that you also got some flowers done this week. Nice work.