Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Flowers, Flowers for One Flower Wednesday

Encouraging Words of the Day:

For the Lord grants wisdom! From His mouth come knowledge and understanding. ~ Proverbs 2:6, NLT


Today has completely gotten away from me but it's still "One Flower Wednesday" in Texas and I have flowers to show you.

First are these two cute little flowers...


And these two larger flowers I made for Jane who kept us organized for several years at the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap." As a thank you and going away gift, I made these flowers...

It's amazing how some things just pop out at you after you take a photo. I hope Jane will still like these flowers even though 2 of the petals in each one kind of do a pop-out in-your-face kind of thing.

You can check the linky Karen provides for us each week at "One Flower Wednesday" to see flowers others have made.

 

That is all.

 

17 comments:

Astrid said...

So cute! Love those tebby bears.

sunny said...

Love your flowers! I forgot I was going to make some for Jane. THanks for the reminder!

Jessica said...

Oooh, I love those fabrics! Great hexies as usual :) hope you are well!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

All your flowers are beautimous this week and I really love the two you said had the petals a'poppin! The lacy background looks cool too!

Julie Fukuda said...

I do love those hexies. Oh please don't get me started!

Carla said...

The black and red are so pretty ; )

Janet said...

nice hexies! I think Jane will love those fabrics.

Karen said...

Look at you, busy growing beautiful flowers!

Anthea said...

Hi Irene I love these hexy flowers, the red & black ones are really arty-looking...

Teresa F. said...

Great looking hexies. Love the teddy bears.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Those first 2 hexies are absolutely DARLING..love them lots! The black and red ones will make a wonderful gift!

Melinda said...

What wonderful hexies. I love the little teddy bears.

Celtic Thistle said...

Love all your hexies Irene, but my favourite is the "Liberty" type floral with the butterfly.

Maria said...

Nice hexies Irene.
My favorite one is the Bears...

Needled Mom said...

I think the flowers look wonderful and I am sure they will be appreciated.

I love the idea of working on all of the UFOs as a goal. The applique finish is just gorgeous! You are off to a great start.

Sarah said...

It's hard to pick a fav hexie flower as I love fussy cutting but the black and red are so stunning. Beautiful!

hafza said...

Oh love the teddy bear hexies...so cute!