Wednesday, January 9, 2013

One Flower Wednesday and My Jane D-1

Encouraging Words of the Day:

For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. ~ Ephesians 2:10, NLT


Today I'm doing boring things like preparing an Annual Report for our ranch. We have to turn this in each year in order to keep our exemption for "Wildlife Management." I was sort of busy working on this report when I realized that it's One-Flower Wednesday, for crying out loud. I immediately took a break and came to write my blog post for the day. I made three little flowes for "One-Flower Wednesday," one of my favorite days.

You're able to see more hexie flowers at the linky Karen at "Journey of a Quilter" provides for us each week for "One-Flower Wednesday."

 

I also made another block for "My Jane." This one was much, much easier compared to M-3 which I made last week. This was fast paper-piecing. Well, fast if you pay attention to what you're doing and sew the little pieces together correctly.... Anyway, with a little sewing and un-sewing, I got it done.

D-1

Now back to the drawing board or whatever.

That is all.

 

11 comments:

Janet said...

That's a Union Jack block! Cute.

Julie Fukuda said...

Ah, such dedication! I would never be able to keep up with even a once a week progress event... unless I stayed up the night before!

Kari @ The Purple Quiltapotamus said...

Beautiful flowers - and I love your paper pieced block!

Carla said...

Lovely hexies as always. Tonight I am reading blogs while the snow blows sideways outside my window!

Raewyn said...

Your hexie-flowers are lovely - just as well you remembered it was Wednesday!! Nice Dear Jane block too - this is another project on my wish list too.

Karen said...

Your flowers look like springtime and a very nice Dear Jane block as well. Last Saturday I spent the day with Jane. Not stitching a block, but cutting out freezer paper templates for the next 13 triangles.

Anthea said...

Irene great to see those flowers, I especially love the yellow one. x

sister outlaws said...

Oh I love the flower with the little chicks! Thanks for remembering that it is one flower Wednesday for crying out loud!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Such pretty flowers! Wonderful job on your Dear Jane Block. I forgot it was Wednesday..and now it's Friday! Have a great weekend

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

The hexies are so cute...love them, and I know how much you worked on getting your next Jane blocks ready. This one is really pretty. Reminds me of those UnionJack blocks....

Celtic Thistle said...

Cute blocks Irene and well remembered!