Wednesday, January 30, 2013

One Flower Wednesday and My Jane B-10 and K-8

Encouraging Words of the Day:

This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. ~ Psalm 118:24, NLT

We're still in the Texas Hill Country. Our daughter and her family came up to hunt so we've been busy with them. I did no blogging while she was here. Now they've returned to Califonia and I'm back with my post for "One-Flower Wednesday." We live 11 miles from the bustling metropolis of Rocksprings, Texas, population 1,285 (1,287 when my husband and I are here.) So, I do some hand-stitching while we drive into town and here are the miscellaneous flowers I've made.

Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made.


I've also been working on "My Jane." Here are two completed blocks.

B-10 looks really crooked but it's not as bad as it looks in the photo. See how the little print designs are really straight on the left side. The camera, somehow, distorted it and made it look really crooked. Alright, the little piece in the middle is crooked but the rest isn't.

B-10

And K-8 looks really good. I'm happy with it.

K-8

I'm determined to continue with "My Jane" and get these blocks done. If I complete one a week I'm happy. Well, at this point, if I don't complete one a week, I'm still happy :)

That is all.

 

10 comments:

Aunt 'Reen said...

Such sweet little hexies!
Both of your Jane blocks are beautiful! Congratulations on finished 2 of them in one week!

Astrid said...

Love your hexies. Your 'My Jane' blocks look great. I know how the camera can change the look of certain things, especially checks.

sunny said...

I have to admire anyone who's working on Jane blocks! and hexie flowers are great traveling projects. Gladl you enjoyed the time with your daughter. How often do you get to see her?

Karen said...

Love your blooms Irene! Both Jane blocks are excellent, you will be done before you know it!

Carla said...

Your Jane quilt will be so lovely. Of course beautiful hexagons.

Mary said...

You are doing great on your Dear Jane. How many have you completed now?

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Love all the stuff you posted today but mostly I love that you are happy! Me too.

KaHolly said...

Greetings from New Braunfels!! Love your projects!

Celtic Thistle said...

K 8 is just lovely Irene and your flowers are gorgeous as usual!

Janet said...

Lovely hexies! I cannot believe how tiny they are. Your 2nd Jane block looks perfect and very professional. It is like two friends. I would be the first block - always a bit dishevelled, but bright and happy.