Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year Wishes on One-Flower Wednesday

My heart is confident in you, O God; my heart is confident. No wonder I can sing your praises! ~ Psalm 57:7, NLT




Well, Christmas is over and I haven't blogged since Dec 22. For that matter, not only is Christmas over but the new year has begun. I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas surrounded by family and friends. A large group of our family was able to get together this year. What a blessing to be able to enjoy the holidays with those we love but what a relief it is to get back to our normal every-day lives, right? I've been lazy, completely enjoying the holidays and haven't sewn much. We took a road trip to my parents' home in New Mexico and I was able to sew my hexie flowers so I have this to show you for "One-Flower Wednesday," one of my favorite days.

You're able to see more hexie flowers at the linky Karen at "Journey of a Quilter" provides for us each week for "One-Flower Wednesday."




Over the holidays I received a lovely package from Mhairi who lives in Australia. She was my recent swap partner for "Rugs With Friends" and sent me these lovely gifts.

Thanks, Mhairi, for the lovely mug rug, interesting quilting and crafting magazine, and a beautiful little purse with tea bags in it. I think it's a perfect little bag for carrying my hexies-in-progress. It will hold my fabric, little hexie papers, needle and thread. Thanks, Mhairi. Everything is just perfect for me.


I was able to finally get my sewing room cleared of wrapping paper clutter and sat at my sewing machine for a couple of hours. I finished 2 mug rugs and the top of my mini quilt for the "It's a Mini Quilt-Along" group. It's called "Criss Cross Applesauce."

I'm so glad I joined this group since it does challenge me. I have the habit of deciding something looks easy and then finding out that it probably is easy if I would slow down and follow the directions. I was unable to make a few of my corners match-up but...

 

Wishing all of you a Happy 2013!

That is all.

 

10 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

You are starting out the New Year great with all your sewing accomplishments! Mahairi sent some lovelyl gifts! And uh-oh.....all your New Years Luck is going to fall out of your horseshoe because it is upsidedown!

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Obrigada para você também.FELIZ ANO TODO!!!!

Needled Mom said...

Happy new year to you and your family. I am looking forward to all the hexies that will come from you this year.

Mhairi send you some lovely goodies. Enjoy them.

sister outlaws said...

I've been lazy too Irene - yes holidays are a blessing but I'm looking forward to getting stuck into some new projects. Oh and one flower Wednesday is one of my favourite days too - although it's Thursday here in Australia. Happy New Year!

Julie Fukuda said...

When you are busy with family, no news is good news. Your sister may think the good luck is pouring out of that shoe but actually, it is spreading to everyone! Happy New year!

Carla said...

Darling hexies again ; )

Anthea said...

Hi Irene and Happy New Year!
I love the hexy flower pic, with the champagne glasses... wow didn't Christmas & NYE just fly by?!

Karen said...

Happy New Year Irene! Such a fun photo of your flowers and a lovely gift from Mhairi. My eyes went straight to the little purse, very sweet. Criss Cross Applesauce is looking good!

hafza said...

Oh..I love your red mini quilt and your hexies as always are beautiful. Wish you A Happy New Year!!

Mhairi said...

Hi
I just thought I would let you know that the little purse that I created for you was made from a FREE pattern available here: http://www.red-brolly.com/red-brolly/2012/09/sew-chic-butterfly-mugbag.html
I modified it a bit but it is a great pattern to sew up and came together really quickly. Just thought you might like to share with others as it is a great pattern!
So pleased you liked your swap parcel. See you in 2013.