Sunday, January 20, 2013

Week 3 Stash Report and My Jane K-5 and J-12



Encouraging Words of the Day:

We spent the weekend in New Mexico visiting my parents and family. Of course we had a wonderful time.  On the trip out, I was able to finish the applique on two of "My Jane" blocks. I now have 132 of 225 blocks completed. The applique on K-5 was difficult because the pieces are so small.


 K-5

J-12 tricked me.  Most of it was paper-pieced and that was easy.  I thought the basket handle would be a "piece of cake" but I was wrong. It was hard to sew down the curved parts of the handle but finally...

 J-12
 
Also finished was another Hexathon block.  Here is #7 of that series.  I now have 16 block of 52 done.

And finally, here is my  Week #3 Stash Report. I've  been working on another UFO and have used 3.25 yards on it this week.

Used this Week:         3.25 yards
Used year to Date:     12.75 yards
Added this Week:       0 yards
Added Year to Date:   0 yards
Net Used for 2013:     12.75 yard

Check  "Patchwork Times" to see other stash reports.



That is all.

5 comments:

sister outlaws said...

Well done Irene! Love the stash report - oh and that brightly coloured hexathon piece!

Dee Dee said...

I really like your hexathon block - bight happy colors.

Lori said...

I have looked at all your applique and handwork. You are a talented woman. Made me have cramps in my fingers just from reading!

Needled Mom said...

Your DJs always amaze me because I know how tiny they are and there is so much detail in them.

The hex is lovely too.

Karen said...

Your DJs are wonderful! The basket was a fun one to do.