Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Lovely Gift Received on One Flower Wednesday






Encouraging Words of the Day:
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.
~ Psalm 106:1, NLT

It’s “One-Flower Wednesday!”  We’re at the ranch in the Texas Hill Country. As usual, I was able to do a lot of hand-sewing while my husband drove.  Here are 3 little blue flowers I finished.


Remember, to see more flowers, you can check the linky Karen provides for us each week at "One Flower Wednesday" to see flowers others have made.

We drove into town today and there was a wonderful surprise waiting for me at the post office.  I won a giveaway hosted by Hilary at “Quilary - Take a Peek Over the Fence.” Hilary hosted this giveaway for “Blogtoberfest” and notified me that I’d won on November 2, 2012.  Well, at that time I was here at the ranch so I gave her this address.  It had not arrived when I left at the end of November but it was waiting for me to pick it up today and it is a marvelous gift.  Take a look at this lovely sewing kit.




Thanks so much, Hilary.  I am already stuffing it with the materials I need for sewing my hexies. The second photo came out upside-down but it looks wonderful rightside up as well.

That is all.

12 comments:

Astrid said...

Congrats on the win! It's gorgeous and so are your flowers.
Have a nice day!

Karen said...

Sweet sewing kit and I LOVE the blue flower collection!

Carla said...

Yes, HE is good. Lovely flowers again.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

What pretty hexies! You must not have lost any petals because I don't see any "make-do's". I love the little sewing kit. It was definitely worth waiting for. Hurry back home so you can come and play with my new toy!

quilary said...

I'm glad you like it, and it's lovely to know that it will get plenty of use!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Congratulations on your win - such a pretty little Sewing Kit!
Your little hexies are adorable!

Needled Mom said...

What a fabulous sewing kit!!! That will come in so handy when you are on the road!!!

Celtic Thistle said...

Surprise packages are always nice and yours was especially good Irene!

Quilter Raised in the South said...

congrats! so fun to get a prize. Your little flowers are lovely! thanks for posting!

hafza said...

Love your blue hexie flowers and congratulations on your winning!

Grit said...

Wonderful flowers.
Congratulations on your winning.

Greetings from Germany, Grit

Helen Marasco said...

Thank you for the warm welcome to OFW and congrats on your win and your adorable flowers. It's great to participate with people who enjoy the same creative pleasures. :-)))))