Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Back in El Paso on Day 3 of Blogtoberfest


Encouraging words of the day:
Father in heaven, I come humbly to You. I give You my past, my disappointments, my brokenness. Fill me with Your hope and expectation and give me the dreams and desires that You have in store for my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Back in El Paso now after a long trip home.  It’s always good to be home but I’m missing my daughter, grandson, and son-in-law. It seems like we’re always leaving someone since our family is spread across the USA, literally.  Our daughter is in the Pacific Time Zone,  we and my parents are in the Mountain Pacific Time Zone, our youngest son and our little ranch are in the Central Pacific Time Zone, and our oldest son is in the Eastern Pacific Time Zone.  And that, my friends, is why my husband and I are always leaving someone and on the road to somewhere else. I’m glad we’re healthy and able to make these trips but it’s always good to be home too.

I have still not gotten back to my sewing.  We’re doing all that “stuff” one does after having been gone from home for a while.  One of those things is checking the mail and I have several interesting packages.  I’ll open them after posting this and have photos tomorrow. 

Giveaway I found:
"Lily Pad Quilting" is giving away a jelly roll. – ends October 14th.

That is all.

5 comments:

sunny said...

Glad you're home safe and sound. Hope you find some stitching time soon.

Kelli said...

Welcome back.. Fun packages to welcome you home, hooray!

Anita said...

Well, I was scared...those packages look totally tore up! I figured someone helped themselves to your mail already. =)

Welcome back and hope you get sewing soon.

Stray Stitches said...

Glad you made it home. It's always hard to leave family no matter how long the visit is.

Julianne said...

Hello! Thanks for visiting the sister outlaw blog. LOVE your quilting. You are very very clever. I really want to make a lone star quilt but I'm too scared! Our family want to move to San Antonio - I want to live in Texas!!!