Monday, October 3, 2011

Leaving California On Day2 of Blogtoberfest


Encouraging words of the day:
Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. ~ Hebrews 10:23, NLT

We had a fabulous time in California but are leaving today after spending two weeks here.   We’re sad about leaving our daughter, grandson, and son-in-law but will see them again soon for the Christmas holidays so it’s all good. 

I did NO sewing and I did miss that.  My sewing machine will soon be humming away, though, with all the good ideas I’ve found while visiting your blogs.  I’m anxious to start on the "Bloggers' BOM Quilt-Along," 

check on the "I Spy Swap," check on the "Christmas Candle Mat Exchange," 

and start my house block of the month  (cottage) at "The Quilting Board."  Some day, I need to finish my Penny Haren quilt top or wall hanging or whatever I’m going to end up making with my beautiful blocks.  And then, of course, I need to get back to “My Jane” and think about getting back to “My Farmer’s Wife.”  I always am up-to-date with my beloved hexie flowers.  So, long story short, I have a lot of sewing to do and I’ll be getting to it soon.  Right now, I’ve got to go catch a plane to Texas.  Now I’ll be able to use the new iPad my dauther gave me at the airport.  Hasto luego, amigos.

Oh, one more thing:  If you get a chance, visit "my sister's blog."  It’s actually called "My sister made me do it..." so I have a certain amount of guilt here so… 

And I almost forgot to tell you about giveaways I’ve found:
"Seriously..I think it needs stitches"  is giving away a scrapbooking software program,
3 fat quarters, and a Mary Englebreit panel. – ends October 5th.
Kate at "Kate and Libby"  is giving away a Sullivan's Edge ruler and a mug rug. –ends October 8th.
"Canadian Abroad" is giving away a fat quarter bundle or Punctuation by Moda. – ends October 6th.

Really now, that is all.

3 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Wishing you a safe trip back.(and a little envy for the new computer 'cause mine is slowly driving me nuts)!

Cindy Adkins said...

Wishing you a safe trip!!! I am your newest follower and I'm so happy to meet you--and I hope all the classes are helpful!!
XO
Cindy

Sandra said...

Glad to hear you made it back home safe and sound after a nice visit with your family.

Thanks for posting the link to the I Spy Swap. Still looking for more swappers but hopefully it will fill up soon:)